KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a three day ride with a buddy of mine in Virginia and North Carolina. I put on Warp9 racing wheels and rotors and Metzler Sportec M7 RR tires. Here is what I can say. The bike handling is absolutely insane. I have ridden sport touring bikes of one sort of another for years and I got into Adventure bikes back in 2104 ultimately doing the Colorado and Utah BDR’s in 2017 after my 1190 Adv R was totaled in transit to Colorado in 2016. I love the riding position of the Adventure type bike, but I love the street handling of the Sport Tourers. All I can say is hands down this bike beats them all. The bike is so light in handling and with the Metzler’s it just dive into corners. 66 yrs old now and I have ridden a lot of sport tourer and in the twisties this bike just speaks them" never a supper aggressive rider, but last Thursday coming up Route 58 near Galax VA everything just clicked. I was leading and my buddy behind me was laughing his *** off day our ridding partners will never believe what he was seeing. I was braking hard trail braking to the apart and hanging off the side of the bike dam near dragging my knee. It was like the bike instilled so much confidence it released a demon. With this set up the 790 Adv R is the bomb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I put a 42 sprocket on the rear and now Warp9 produces the wheels with custom tone rings which I helped design that let your ABS and TC function flawlessly and corrects the speedo. My other bike is a BMW K1300S HP which serves other purposes but this thing ended up being more than I could have ever hoped for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all your info and feedback !
Do you have to change the side stand because the bike is less high?

I think I will shortly order my set to Warp9 and ride this little beast in the french mountains! ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not change the side stand So you have to be careful where you park. If I did I would just get a stock and chop a half inch off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts