KTM Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why my front tire was pushing in / sliding cornering Note: I still running the stock tires I increased the damping by two clicks and let a little air outta the front tire problem solved

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
You've got the 50/50 tires on still? Are you talking about dirt or on the street?

I crashed bad on wet grass in the middle of a double track trail with those 50/50 tires. Never ever again. Useless in sand, terrible in mud and sub par on concrete. Switched them out for a true dirt tire (Michelin Starcross) and extremely happy since.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got the 50/50 tires on still? Are you talking about dirt or on the street?

I crashed bad on wet grass in the middle of a double track trail with those 50/50 tires. Never ever again. Useless in sand, terrible in mud and sub par on concrete. Switched them out for a true dirt tire (Michelin Starcross) and extremely happy since.
Thank sucks!
I ride dirt 95 percept of the time.

I've always been kind cheap when it comes to tires. I'll even take one off and reverse it. We didn't have a lot of money growing up so we did what we had to do. It's not that I'm broke now, I can afford a newer tire but for me really riding and racing I can have a tire with no nobbies and ride pretty much the same! Don't get me wrong I will be buying new tires soon but I'm going to ride these tires till their done!

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Thank sucks!
I ride dirt 95 percept of the time.

I've always been kind cheap when it comes to tires. I'll even take one off and reverse it. We didn't have a lot of money growing up so we did what we had to do. It's not that I'm broke now, I can afford a newer tire but for me really riding and racing I can have a tire with no nobbies and ride pretty much the same! Don't get me wrong I will be buying new tires soon but I'm going to ride these tires till their done!
You will be surprised how much better your bike is with a decent set of quality tires. I understand the thrifty mentality of using what you have and not making unnecessary purchases, but I would always argue that the best bike running isn't worth jack $hit if it can't stick to the terrain. I have seen numerous instances of bikes not performing optionally because of bargain tires or worn out tires. You only have a small patch of tire under you when you ride your bike. You want that little patch of rubber to be the best you can get. Consider the value of the michelin or pirelli off road tires for your bike when making your next tire purchase and dont be seduced by $15 or $20 savings on gypsy brands. Your michelins will long outlast those bargain tires making them equally good value with superior performance. There is quite a science to off road and road tires and the bargain brands do not use the same materials and technology that are used in premium grade tires. Some riders would not have the skill or ability to ride to the performance limits of premium grade tires, but we can all benefit from the longer wear and better traction of the premium tire. Try it and see.

Reactions: Dirtclods

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me I do hear you!

I recently retired and this was my present. I'm not ripping up the MX track like I used to I'll still do a couple of Hot laps on the vet tracks, but I'm no long clearing hundred footers. Last week I rode and help set up a District # 37 race course as well.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
In a discussion about what tyre is best there are no winners. When racing speedway I used Kenda. They were cheaper than most other tyres. I did test Pirelli ones and more. But I always did ride best on Kenda. Now my son rides MX and for 10 years through the grades (now senior) we have used MOTOZ tyres. They have brilliant holeshot capability and have never let us down, plus their price is good too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts