KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 KTM 500 EXC-F

Hello I'm new to the forum and was looking for some help and feedback on a skid plate that I don't have to cut or shave holes or need to purchase new bolts because they are not long enough to reach. I been reading some review and it seem like all the skid plates you need to make some modifications to - are there any good ones out there that have a good fit / protection with out modifications? Same question but for case covers (stator and clutch).

I did a quick search and couldn't find another post that specifically for fit, finish and protection so apologies if I missed it.

Thank you in advance!
Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or maybe KTMs are not prone to having a puncture like my DRZ400 with the break pedal right on the side of the case? Also seems this would maybe keep more heat in but I'm in the air on my new bike case covers / guards. Anyone not cover their cases and ride in rocky terrain without issues - for the most part?

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Rock allergy

I also have a rock allergy. You should do some study on skid plates before purchase. KTM powerparts and EnduroEngineering are good choices for simple bolt on skid plates. DeVol and others make durable models. For rock garden riding you want the biggest coverage with a pipe extension if possible. Brake pedal coverage is tricky because you don’t want the coverage to interfere with pedal operation. A brake snake is a common addition to prevent brush fouling your brake pedal but is limited in its effectiveness to prevent rock damage. Have a look at Slavens Racing for some skid plates and ask their tech guys what they offer. Those guys know their stuff

Reactions: milletary

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2019 KTM 500 EXC-F

Hello I'm new to the forum and was looking for some help and feedback on a skid plate that I don't have to cut or shave holes or need to purchase new bolts because they are not long enough to reach. I been reading some review and it seem like all the skid plates you need to make some modifications to - are there any good ones out there that have a good fit / protection with out modifications? Same question but for case covers (stator and clutch).

I did a quick search and couldn't find another post that specifically for fit, finish and protection so apologies if I missed it.

Thank you in advance!
Jeff

Did you ever locate a skid plate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts