KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know what it is? I looked around and got conflicting information. I'm going to drip on a little Blue Loctite tomorrow to keep them from rotating after every 30th wheelie. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Herev You GGooooooooo..

Best,

Doc 😀 😀

KTM Cheat Sheet:

Oil Filter Screws- 6 NM
Oil Drain Plugs- 20 NM
Handlebar Clamp Screws- 20 NM
Screw on Rear Axel for Chain Adjustment- 17mm/ 70 NM
Rear Rotor Screws- 36 NM
Rear Wheel Screw- 250 NM
Front Wheel: Front bAxel Bolt- 45 Nm, Axel clamp screws- 15 Nm
Front Brake screw Disc 30 NM/ Caliper- 25NM (loctite 2701)
Manifold screws- 25 NM
Exhaust Screws- 8 NM

From the 2017 KTM SVCE Manual-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pulled this from the service manual CD for the 2019 SDR, there should be a similar section in your owner's manual
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 9.23.03 AM.png

·
Registered
275 Posts
Were are talking about/ describing two different screws. The M10 are the two screws that go down to the triple tree. The M8 are the four screws that clamp down the handlebar. That tourque is 20Nm and Loctite 243 is recommended. Best,

Doc 😀 😀

·
Registered
114 Posts
Were are talking about/ describing two different screws. The M10 are the two screws that go down to the triple tree. The M8 are the four screws that clamp down the handlebar. That tourque is 20Nm and Loctite 243 is recommended. Best,

Doc
Correct, just wanted to clarify that my initial response wasn’t for the handlebar clamp bolts. I was too lazy to pop in the CD and check the 2019 SDR specific service manual section. Wasn’t a contradiction to what you posted :). Only difference is that the service manual doesn’t spec Loctite 243.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK, Operation completed with the Blue Loctite and a torque wrench. I will note that the top 2 bolts were very tight but the bottom 2, not nearly as much. I also noticed there was no loctite on any of them and the pic above says it's required. Hmmm....Perhaps that contributed? Anyway, I'll report back my findings when it's warm and dry enough to pull out of the driveway, much less pull wheelies. I'll resist riding tomorrow and let it cure for a full 24 hrs as recommended. Thanks again for all of the help!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts