KTM Forums banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have only sat on an SD GT at a dealer. I think I might be able to live with the ergos, but I know I'd be much happier with the extra legroom and more upright stance of the SA. If a revised SD GT comes out, I will definitely give it a go.

Drop pegs are an option, but I wonder, is clearance an issue? Some peg scraping is going to happen, but too much/too hard can be disconcerting.
I had the latest GT gen2 and the sitting position is sport , not as upright as SAS, i am actually part exchanging my GT to buy a brand new adventure. And i will convert the wheel to 17 inch front. i think Adventure is much usuable bike.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
That’s the reason cause I went into a rim swap, ergonomics. Love 1290 position, as it means comfort in long rides and better handling with a front 17 rim.

My 1290 SAS is now street legal in Spain/Europe where I lives and for me it’s the ultimate bike. Maybe dreaming to adapt a rear rim to put a 180 tyre, maybe this winter…
I put a Metzler Sportec M9 RR 180/55 R17 rear on mine. I have had it on the track , there are no startling characteristics differences in terms of lean or stability, the key difference is a little larger patch area for better drive out of the corners.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ask a friend to desing and cut some parts to test in my bike as I said in my post. My friend´s idea was to sell a kit with rotor spacers, axe spacers, ABS rotor and bolts in ebay after test it with my SAS but I can ask him to sell directly.

I would not like to use forum for sale but I can ask my colleague to give me a mail adress to ask him price and envy.

If I am breaking Forum rules I would delete it inmediately
Hi AlAsia, just joined the forum but have been watching this forum for a while and great interest in this thread. I have a 2022 1290S and would like to convert it to a 17” front as well.
how do I go about ordering this kit from your friend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi AlAsia, just joined the forum but have been watching this forum for a while and great interest in this thread. I have a 2022 1290S and would like to convert it to a 17” front as well.
how do I go about ordering this kit from your friend?
Hi Newbusa,

I am selling the kit directly, my colleague decided he didn’t want any headache selling the kit he designed.
Sent a PM with details

121 - 125 of 125 Posts