Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Today the Power Commander V went on . Took about an hour start to finish.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here go the graphics

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The RC8R does not have the torque of the 1290. Hp about the same. The RC8R is a track bike. The SDR Gen 3 is more road oriented. Only test ride an SDR. I would say the ergos on the SDR are more open and relaxed. The RC8R has no electronics ABS or traction control. For that reason I would think the SDR is more street friendly as well. An RC8R set up right for the person riding it can be s true track weapon

Reactions: steve59

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Graphics are done Race header gets here Wednesday. Going to Ceramic paint it so maybe done early next week. My Austin racing GP1R exhaust does not get here till end of August.

Reactions: 2cati

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,241 Posts
Love this thread.
How did you mount the Denali D4?
Is there a Denali specific metal mount?
How are you controlling the D4s (conventional relay/switch or cansmart/hexezcan..or?)
Also, what size tire are you running in the back?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Love this thread.
How did you mount the Denali D4?
Is there a Denali specific metal mount?
How are you controlling the D4s (conventional relay/switch or cansmart/hexezcan..or?)
Also, what size tire are you running in the back?
SW Motech makes the light mount kit. It just is a metal brace that is attached bis the existing underside light fairing locations I like it a lot. The Denali D4’s attach right to the mount. Light mount, 1290 Super Adv. S/R/T - SW-MOTECH

I control lights with a conventional relay switch at bar left side . It is triggered by one of the switched aux power supplies. Included in Denali harness package.

On the rear I am running a 180/55 R17. This fits on the 5” rear stock rim. While 180 are primarily rated for 5.5” rims using the 5” rims does distort the radius of the ply slightly it does make the bike turn a little easier. It does not make it jittery though. I have ridden it at a track day and it handles incredibly well. Tires are Metzler Sportec M9 RR’s

Reactions: 2cati

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Just got word Austin Racing slip on shipping today. Should be here by the Wed Aug 10th.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts