KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
05 Duc 999R, 16 KTM Super Adventure
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
new to this forum. ride a 16 ktm super adventure and duc 999r. recently, most riding is adventure on/off, and sport ride/touring. plan to spend 21 and beyond doing the same in addition to more track days.

plan to purchase a new bike in Jan. 2-options: 2021 duc street fighter or 2021 super duke. i heard ktm will not introduce the new GT in 21.

with that in mind, has anyone modified a 20-21 R to a GT (bags, hand guards, wind shield)?

thanks,
joe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sw Motech has some really nice options for sidecases and tail bags for Gen 3 SDR, windshields are limited currently. I put the stock KTM GT handguards on mine and they look great. The streetfighter is nice but has no cruise control or gas gauge, that’s a non starter for me. Also, on the dyno charts I’ve seen the SDR is within 10-12 HP of the SF and has much more torque, and torque is king on the road.

I love my new 2020 SDR

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Very helpful!
went to see the SF today. No bar risers, no cruise, and difficult to add luggage.

sea, can u post a pic w the hand guards?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did the bar riser part.
I didn’t see anything plug and play out there.
Small mod to a two inch Rizoma riser. No cable changes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sea, you did everything I want, except luggage! Including windshield. looks great!
thank you!

Treed, thank you! very helpful, especially with my 6’5’’ frame!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sea, can u post more pics? Also, is that ur multi?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks! I was thinking about that too! my friends are on ADV bikes w larger tanks, and I can bring a couple canisters of petrol as a backup.

how many miles are you experiencing before near empty? Sport riding and touring?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Sea! beautiful exhaust!
did u need to modify the ecu? Where did u buy the exhaust?
what type of mod did u use for the license plate?

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,646 Posts
Welcome to the forum - too bad about the GT not arriving on the new platform. That will likely be my next bike.

As someone That has done a lot of research on superduke R luggage (I have. Gen 2 2018SDR).

Im in the process of fabricating some water proof lockable Hepco and Becker side cases for the occasional tour.

if I had a 2020 or 2021 SDR, I would look no further than the powerparts catalog- KTM has done an amazing job in making a super clean mounting system ( hardly noticeable when bags are off) with some nice looking side bags! Spectacular job KTM.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,646 Posts
Here is a link to the SW motech mounting for the 2020 SDR - solid but bulky mounting system.

Personally I like the KTM powerparts mounting system better ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
To bad the original cases don’t fit with the evotech tailtidy....

perhaps the original ktm mounts together with other cases?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts