KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KTM Super Duke GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is WAAAAAYYYYY better sounding without that ginormous catalytic converter, add the Austin Racing Belly Exit to it and it freaking GROWLS!

Install was hella easy, two bolts and some shaking and it’s off. The orange tip and carbon fiber shroud sets it off nicely! Can’t wait for the piping to develop the blueish hue that titanium does after a good bit of heat.

It also really opens the rear wheel up and since it has a single sided swing arm it looks really good and a pro is, it is super easy to clean the rear rim now.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
looks clean, how bout a short vid walking around from different angles with sound at idle and then the rev range? The stock muffler now looks like a mailbox!

Reactions: TheDukester1290_GT

·
Registered
2020 KTM Super Duke GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks clean, how bout a short vid walking around from different angles with sound at idle and then the rev range? The stock muffler now looks like a mailbox!
I shot a short video and when I played it back on my phone it did it no justice whatsoever, I'm gonna have my friend bring over his expensive audio gear and see if I can get better results.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Super Duke GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks great, it wasnt a full system but you took a good chunk of the exhaust off, did you have to remap or something?
The weight reduction was pretty significant IMO. No, reflash or tune necessary per Austin Racing, as long as the link pipe is left in. Comes with a DB (Sound) "killer" if its a bit too much, which is also pretty loud, that being said even though a flash isn't needed, you won't get any power increase until you do and it won't run as efficient (no risk of damage), but it runs better with a flash or tune.

·
Registered
364 Posts
No really, I wanna know the noise levels with that setup. It looks like the tiniest crack of throttle will shatter your across-the-street neighbours' windows. In the back.

Because I love the super minimalist look and it really shows off the wheel and swingarm.

Remember this?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ya - that is too loud!

·
Registered
2020 KTM Super Duke GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No really, I wanna know the noise levels with that setup. It looks like the tiniest crack of throttle will shatter your across-the-street neighbours' windows. In the back.

Because I love the super minimalist look and it really shows off the wheel and swingarm.

Remember this?

Cracking the throttle isn’t even necessary, the cold start idle will wake them up. If I crack the throttle, every cop within a mile knows there is a bike around. Good thing they have a no chase policy where I live and they can’t identify me with the helmet on, so they can’t prove I was driving unless I pull over and render an ID. Otherwise I let an unnamed friend drive it and it wasn’t me. I will answer no further questions and the burden of proof is on the state that I was driving.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
'16 SDGT, et al
548 Posts
Cracking the throttle isn’t even necessary, the cold start idle will wake them up. If I crack the throttle, every cop within a mile knows there is a bike around. Good thing they have a no chase policy where I live and they can’t identify me with the helmet on, so they can’t prove I was driving unless I pull over and render an ID. Otherwise I let an unnamed friend drive it and it wasn’t me. I will answer no further questions and the burden of proof is on the state that I was driving.
Hope that works out for you.

Really glad I'm not your neighbor. Pity those poor folks. Every one of them is gonna turn into stark-raving motorcycle haters. Can't really blame them.

Like I say, I hope it works out for you

·
Registered
2020 KTM Super Duke GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, my neighbors and I have already been through legal issues that they caused and lost in court to, so there was no chance of a friendship or a ‘good’ neighbor relationship to begin with… so, I don’t pity them. They are the only ones my exhaust would effect, besides other motorist and Harley riders do that enough already and I doubt me having a quiet exhaust is going to offset that or make any impact.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts