KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed them? Mine arrived, but i haven't attempted install. Was hoping to find a vid for my model, but SOL thus far.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,568 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, the 2020 heated grips are the same as what was offered for the 2017-19 SDRs.

Fairly easy to do - just make sure the throttle side components are seated properly - read thee thread and examine the pics. Here you go:

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed them on my 2020 today. Followed the directions from the link below. Only difference is the location for the plug is in a different location and I had to dig around to find it. It’s located on the right side at the front, inside the frame, by the front of the gas tank. https://img.webike.net/catalogue/images/pdf/60712964044_1.pdf

View attachment 98383
I'm going to try to tackle my install tomorrow. Is it possible you can explain how to remove the fairings? Does anything else need to be removed (aside from the stock grips)? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to try to tackle my install tomorrow. Is it possible you can explain how to remove the fairings? Does anything else need to be removed (aside from the stock grips)? Thanks
first pull the top cover off the gas tank by just lifting it from the rear.

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

Remove the two screws from the side of the shroud that hold it to the gas tank and the one on the bottom of the shroud. Three total.

IMG_1420.jpg

Next is the trickier part of the disassmebly. Grab the back of the shroud and push the bottom forward until it releases form the button bolt thats on the lower part of the gas tank.

IMG_1421.jpg

Once the button bolt is released, you'll then pull backwards on the shroud to get the 3 tabs on top, as well as the tab at the front bottom to release. This takes a little practice, as you have to slightly bow the shroud to get it off the button bolt. Just don't get too carried away and break the plastic.
(button bolt)
IMG_1422.jpg

( 3 tabs at the top of the shroud)
IMG_1424.jpg

(lower tab at the front of the shroud)
IMG_1423.jpg

Remove the two bolts on the top of the inner shroud.

IMG_1425.jpg

Lift the inner shroud up to pull the pin free from underneath.
IMG_1427.jpg

Then slide the inner shroud off of the button bolt at the bottm by the radiator.
IMG_1426 (1).jpg

Then pop the retainers off of the Fob antenna to remove the inner shroud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts