KTM Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pics on the KTM site for the graphite version vs plain gloss black. Ive seen from general pics some forum members with the graphite, but not really close enough up and from good angles. Both seem sexy as hell.

Does anyone of these on their bike that they would consider please sharing some pics from different angles. Ive yet to see anyone with the plain gloss black. Id love to see good pics of both if you would please.

Debating which one to order. Thanks much

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, im an anxious dude. I called to order and decided to go with the plan gloss black. I haven't seen one and it cost a fair bit less than the carbon fibre. We'll see how it goes..

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, im an anxious dude. I called to order and decided to go with the plan gloss black. I haven't seen one and it cost a fair bit less than the carbon fibre. We'll see how it goes..
I did a quick search for the plain black as well but all that kept coming up was the carbon fiber version. Not sure if I want to put any carbon fiber on the bike.

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a quick search for the plain black as well but all that kept coming up was the carbon fiber version. Not sure if I want to put any carbon fiber on the bike.
I figure, i may end up getting it partially or completely wrapped if i don't like the plain black. Maybe orange

·
Registered
16 Posts
Orange would be different. Post a pic either way. Doesn't get old for me looking at pics of the SDR!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Received mine today and can honestly say it doesn't look very good on the Orange SDR since there are no gloss black parts on the bike other than the wheels. Also the fit/design isn't great. Looks like a lid on a box. I expected a better, more flush fitment. I'll keep it since it is still better than having the back seat on.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received mine today and can honestly say it doesn't look very good on the Orange SDR since there are no gloss black parts on the bike other than the wheels. Also the fit/design isn't great. Looks like a lid on a box. I expected a better, more flush fitment. I'll keep it since it is still better than having the back seat on.
That sucks. Mine should arrive this week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would you mind posting another pic of or two of the the entire bike in frame? Maybe wrapping it in a matte black would make it more aesthetically pleasing? Are there gaps in the fitment?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wonder if there's anything like that for the GT? Something like the cowl for a Hayabusa, or maybe like Corbin's Smuggler?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would you mind posting another pic of or two of the the entire bike in frame? Maybe wrapping it in a matte black would make it more aesthetically pleasing? Are there gaps in the fitment?
+1 .... @Mrcosi76 and maybe a couple of shots from angles showing how poor the fit is. Would be interested to see the construction of the underside of the cover, thanks.
At least you didn't go for the carbon version.....that really would be an expensive 'lid'!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts