KTM Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a Sunday afternoon ride. Fairly chill. All of a sudden, "Traction Control Failure" flashed on my screen in dreaded yellow and the yellow engine symbol came on. The bike went into limp mode. I pulled over and turned the bike off. Turned it back on and noticed that the MTC was off (it had been set to on prior to the failure warning). I was close a few blocks from home and road back. Turned the bike off again and turned it back on. Seemed like it was no longer in limp mode and the MTC was back on. However, the yellow engine symbol remained on.

I had to book a service appt to get the Heated Grips activated anyway, but I'll be booking it sooner than later.

Anyone ever have this happen with their 2020?

· Registered
22 Posts

Sounds like this?

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Sounds like this?
I have now gone into the garage to check on the bike, because as usual, i can't think about anything else and the engine light is now off. Sounds even more similar to someone in the link in the UK. Hope it doesn't persist. Thanks again for the link! EX500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,964 Posts
MTC failure shows when the exhaust servo screws up. Also, it goes into Rain mode (or whatever they call the low-power mode on a new SDR). When it happened on my '16 GT, it also disable the cruise control until the code was cleared

· Registered
1 Posts
I went for a Sunday afternoon ride. Fairly chill. All of a sudden, "Traction Control Failure" flashed on my screen in dreaded yellow and the yellow engine symbol came on. The bike went into limp mode. I pulled over and turned the bike off. Turned it back on and noticed that the MTC was off (it had been set to on prior to the failure warning). I was close a few blocks from home and road back. Turned the bike off again and turned it back on. Seemed like it was no longer in limp mode and the MTC was back on. However, the yellow engine symbol remained on.

I had to book a service appt to get the Heated Grips activated anyway, but I'll be booking it sooner than later.

Anyone ever have this happen with their 2020?
Hi there ,i have 2017 model and ive had the same thing several times.My local garage ,comes up with something different solutions each time ive taken it in. Ive been riding in street mode during the winter ,and have tried turning the TC off before i head out,but it said it was off ,as as with you,it had been left on. and then the TC failure light comes on ,and it cuts to %5000 rpm. What was your solution ?,cheers, Si

1 - 6 of 6 Posts