KTM Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm a 2020 that's unlocked with the track and performance pack. I've been running anti-wheelie OFF and MTC/MSR is ON. Its a wheelie machine in 2nd gear, but is MTC/MSR holding it back in higher gears? In other words, does anti-wheelie ON more or less control the MTC/MSR so there are no limitations?

Its obviously NOT a power issue and it ought to pull up on throttle in 3rd gear. I used to ride a lot harder, and I'll admit the rides are about hanging out with my buddies, scratching up the pucks through the mountains, and ridding it on the back wheel when the coast is clear. So, adjust my fun settings.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven’t ridden my ‘20 with AntiWheelie mode On yet in the 1000 miles I’ve logged so far… but with that said, if MTC is on and slip is dialed in around 5, it occasionally kills the wheelies abruptly - whether that’s leaving fast from a stop or a 3rd gear roll on. While trying to figure out what was happening I saw that the TC indicator was flashing when I was trying to do 3rd gear wheelies, which was indicating the rear wheel was slipping. So my question would be what slip level are you running? I find slip 1 is uninhibited wheelie fun.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The rear wheel probably wasn’t slipping, the front wheel was slowing Because it was in the air. The ECU measures the difference between the two, they look mostly the same to the ECU, ignoring the gyro’s input.

I get the front up in 3rd off of the power alone with anti-wheelie mode ON and in performance mode with a slip setting of 7… Clearly you just need to be more hamfisted with the throttle! 🤣

Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perfect, that’s what I was thinking.

If the anti wheelie doesn’t cancel out the TC slip as you accelerate while carrying the front wheel, it is chopping the power. That exactly what it feels like, so tomorrow I’ll turn that off or dial it to 1 and see what it does.

I’d really like to do roll on 3rd gear wheelies or shift gears...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts