KTM Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
PowerBronze.....bought this as fed up waiting on the KTM fly screen.
Not keen on the looks, quality nor fixing method (I am fussy 馃榿 )......BUT......it works, comfortable high speed 'cruising' increased by a good 10mph (to mid/late 80's) with reduced wind noise round my helmet - you can do a ton without fear of rupturing next muscles lol View attachment 98311 . Might keep it for touring.
Hard to tell from the picture, but how does this attach to the bike? Does it use a bracket to attach to the bolts or the handlebar? Thanks

Registered
Step ahead of myself.....forgot I already took pics...

....the black plastic caps to cover the Allan bolt heads were not part of the kit ;-)

Registered
20 SDR Orange
Discussion Starter #25
and here's the newest arrival. bit finicky to install. went for a quick boot. decent enough wind protection in a tuck, but the angle does direct the air flow towards the upper chest / neck. i do like the look and imma keep this one on for a bit. more like what I was used to racing super sport class.

Registered
and here's the newest arrival. bit finicky to install. went for a quick boot. decent enough wind protection in a tuck, but the angle does direct the air flow towards the upper chest / neck. i do like the look and imma keep this one on for a bit. more like what I was used to racing super sport class. View attachment 98384 View attachment 98385
I'm thinking of buying the same screen. Looking at the pictures on their website it seems like the angle of the screen is adjustable. Is that not the case? Also, if the screen came with installation instructions, could you post it here? If not, can you take few pics of how the screen attaches to the bike? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Registered
Ive ordered the S2, from Concept. From the various pics supplied it looks to be adjustable, but it could also be the camera angles playing tricks.

Registered
20 SDR Orange
Discussion Starter #28
Ive ordered the S2, from Concept. From the various pics supplied it looks to be adjustable, but it could also be the camera angles playing tricks.
I thought it maybe possible, but he has responded and advised it can鈥檛 be adjusted. I will post a pic of the install instructions when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
20 SDR Orange
Discussion Starter #30

I thought I had my suspension decently dialed in for the street, but today I was getting a lot of steering wobble. It was windy, but I was wondering whether the windscreen had an affect. Tough to say.

Registered
20 SDR Orange
Discussion Starter #31
I thought I had my suspension decently dialed in for the street, but today I was getting a lot of steering wobble. It was windy, but I was wondering whether the windscreen had an affect. Tough to say.

So, i removed it and put my Power Sport screen back on. 2nd day in a row in a straight line when riding 110-130 km i got a wobble, so i kept it a fair bit faster and NP. I'll see if the wobble does away. After i adjusted the suspension, i don't think i really had a wobble with the Power Sport screen. I didn't really like how it directed the air flow either. It really is angled too sharply. Bummer, cause looks cool

Registered
So, i removed it and put my Power Sport screen back on. 2nd day in a row in a straight line when riding 110-130 km i got a wobble, so i kept it a fair bit faster and NP. I'll see if the wobble does away. After i adjusted the suspension, i don't think i really had a wobble with the Power Sport screen. I didn't really like how it directed the air flow either. It really is angled too sharply. Bummer, cause looks cool
What settings (comp/Reb/stock preload?rider weight?) you running Mr braaps. Also front tire pressure?, as my bike is very stable. When i test rode the demo bike i thought it felt a little flighty, i took out some reb and comp and let some air out of the tires, all guess work as i didn't have time avaluate different settings, but the bike felt instantly more forgiving, softer, and less flighty.

Registered
20 SDR Orange
Discussion Starter #33
What settings (comp/Reb/stock preload?rider weight?) you running Mr braaps. Also front tire pressure?, as my bike is very stable. When i test rode the demo bike i thought it felt a little flighty, i took out some reb and comp and let some air out of the tires, all guess work as i didn't have time avaluate different settings, but the bike felt instantly more forgiving, softer, and less flighty.
I make adjustments to my suspension settings on the fly if I feel the need for change. If the same thing happens now that I changed the windscreen back to when I wasn鈥檛 experiencing the wobble, I鈥檒l be tweaking it. I don鈥檛 adjust my tire pressure as often as I did racing, so I鈥檓 using static 36/36 for now. Air and road surface are colder these days, so I won鈥檛 be going much lower. I know some go 34f, but I鈥檓 good with the feedback & traction for now.

Registered
I make adjustments to my suspension settings on the fly if I feel the need for change. If the same thing happens now that I changed the windscreen back to when I wasn鈥檛 experiencing the wobble, I鈥檒l be tweaking it. I don鈥檛 adjust my tire pressure as often as I did racing, so I鈥檓 using static 36/36 for now. Air and road surface are colder these days, so I won鈥檛 be going much lower. I know some go 34f, but I鈥檓 good with the feedback & traction for now.

34f for me, and in the cooler weather i lower it more. The New S22's are quite a pointy tire for fast tip in and a larger side contact patch with the road on full lean, this does make the tire more flighty upright.

Registered
Nice....you did it yourself?....details please

馃憤
there's not much to it - I took some 600 grit sandpaper to it. (just the front side)
and then sprayed on the plastidip probably 4 coats followed by another 3 coats of the plastidip clear.

There's lots of videos on youtube on how to spray better just do a search.
Tips: use a light dusting for the first coat - wait until they dry and hit it again - about 8" away - do not over do it or you will get runs.

I may put another coat of the black over top of the clear - I like the matte better than the gloss it almost matches the front fender sheen.

Cheers

Registered
Got a set of instructions for the Power Sport screen? Mine didn't come with one. Thanks.

Registered
20 SDR Orange
Discussion Starter #40
Got a set of instructions for the Power Sport screen? Mine didn't come with one. Thanks.
Neither did mine, If i say it was super easy, it was super easy because Im next to useless. Remove the little plastic thing that has 2 bolts below the dash, Screw in the 3 posts (the long 1 goes in the bottom and mine broke when trying to install hand tightened. Those posts are cheap as well). Bottom post going into the hole that didn't originally have a bolt in it, just had a plastic guide from the original cover. I believe the 3 screws were all the same size and screw into top of each post attaching the windscreen itself. I believe I may have had to install rubber things into the 3 holes of the windscreen, but not 100% sure. Pathetic memory on my part.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts