KTM Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks. Didn't see the third bolt hole until plastic cover was removed. The one long bolt is very week. Did have to put rubber grommets onto fly screen before bolting in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks. Didn't see the third bolt hole until plastic cover was removed. The one long bolt is very week. Did have to put rubber grommets onto fly screen before bolting in.
Hopefully KTM will sell me the long post. Like i told the dealer. Its not super secure with just the 2 short posts. It wont call off, but it does sort of flop a bit. Enjoy. I put my S2 back on.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just fitted my S2. A few tricks to know before fitting. Had to remove the top screw to the headlight so to make it easier to fit the bottom screw to the lower bracket. I didn't count the turns out, so not sure when refitting the top headlight screw where its original position was as it sets the headlight pitch angle. Will need to ride at night and adjust to suit. other wise an easy fit. Oh did have to bend the brake fluid reservoir bracket to get it to sit level.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Test rode with the new screen and all felt good, but decided to lower the front of the screen and raise the top to give it a little more height, just bent the lower bracket in a few directions and got it lower, it now has a similar pitch as to the head light. I also had to re rout the clutch reservoir and add extra length in the rubber pipe and fit it on the opposite side of its bracke so i could get my radar detector bracket to fit on the handle bar.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Test rode with the new screen and all felt good, but decided to lower the front of the screen and raise the top to give it a little more height, just bent the lower bracket in a few directions and got it lower, it now has a similar pitch as to the head light. I also had to re rout the clutch reservoir and add extra length in the rubber pipe and fit it on the opposite side of its bracke so i could get my radar detector bracket to fit on the handle bar. View attachment 98556
Nice job. I would like that height, but I'm too lazy to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks better than the original position. Does it work better too? Did you try at high speed, does it redirect airflow over helmet?

Test rode with the new screen and all felt good, but decided to lower the front of the screen and raise the top to give it a little more height, just bent the lower bracket in a few directions and got it lower, it now has a similar pitch as to the head light. I also had to re rout the clutch reservoir and add extra length in the rubber pipe and fit it on the opposite side of its bracke so i could get my radar detector bracket to fit on the handle bar.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Superduke r
247 Posts
I had a Duke 790 before the SDR and had the touring screen on that,wish I had kept the screen instead of selling it as I think that would have been good,would have just had to fabricate a bracket to suit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a Powerbronze screen for the Gen3 for sale:

·
Registered
346 Posts
It looks better than the original position. Does it work better too? Did you try at high speed, does it redirect airflow over helmet?
Late reply, been away on the 1290R for 10 days in NZ South Island. I rode another 1290 with the same screen, he had his in the lower position, and we both agreed i got a little more buffeting with mine tilted up higher. That was after 150 plus kph, works great under 140.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts