KTM Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
OK my friends long story sort i got the connectivity update for my 2020 SDR the pairing and bike software was really easy and smooth. All the info is on the bottom half of the screen you can see the mobile battery indicator the GPS sygnal the directions the distance to the next turn and the distance and time to arrive at your destination also the name of the roads. The mobile calls also is great with nice indicators on the screen for answering or declined call's (i want to have the ability to see the contact name not only the number). Calls and directions from the bike side is working great on the other hand the Mobile software "KTM navigation" it's so basic and bad that needs a full update on 2 mandatory things 1st the choice of map you use must be have the ability to select "googlee maps"not not only "here maps" and the responce from phone to bike must be quicker on sending data so you dont miss your turn .2nd thing is to have the choice from the app to select the language of your maps and not get the phones language and i explain more i am from Greece the main language of my phone is Greek so the here map display the roads in Greek language but the bike dont have the ability to display Greek character so i have to change my phone's language to English to get the road names displayed in my bike. So KTM make a decent Mobile app that will worth the 10€ i paid for the crappy app , get some decent programmer's to fix this child issues give Unicode ability to the bike etc it's 20k€ bike do your job :)

·
Registered
2020 SDR Black
59 Posts
Mine still doesn't work. I can't even turn on Bluetooth, it clicks and deselects right away. Dealer tech started talking about the Bluetooth module, I left it at that for now. Would be nice to get it working. Anyone else has issues turning on Bluetooth on the bike and pairing it with the phone? Forget apps, calls, etc, just trying to get past step 1 lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine still doesn't work. I can't even turn on Bluetooth, it clicks and deselects right away. Dealer tech started talking about the Bluetooth module, I left it at that for now. Would be nice to get it working. Anyone else has issues turning on Bluetooth on the bike and pairing it with the phone? Forget apps, calls, etc, just trying to get past step 1 lol.
Mine did that when new. Then there was an update which allowed the Bluetooth to connect properly but MyRide wasn’t available and I don’t use an audio system when riding so it was kind of useless anyway. Then MyRide update became available and it all works as expected. Like kmanou says above, the alert for the next turn is a bit slower than it needs to be but apart from that it works fine for my needs.

Basically there has been a couple of updates which address the issue you describe.

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
you are missing all the updates you need to get an instrument update which fix the c1 c2 switch Bluetooth on off and more other thing then there is abs update and last the connectivity update that enables the my ride menu and fix everything for connecting your device

·
Registered
4 Posts
you are missing all the updates you need to get an instrument update which fix the c1 c2 switch Bluetooth on off and more other thing then there is abs update and last the connectivity update that enables the my ride menu and fix everything for connecting your device
I have the same problem
I already made the C1 C2 update 1 week ago and no my ride yet and the Bluetooth won't turn on , today I went to the dealer and no update whatsoever, they told that Portugal usually is the last country to get this updates but that smells like bulls**t for me ...

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
I have the same problem
I already made the C1 C2 update 1 week ago and no my ride yet and the Bluetooth won't turn on , today I went to the dealer and no update whatsoever, they told that Portugal usually is the last country to get this updates but that smells like bulls**t for me ...
all dealers connects to the sane server in Austria and get the updates the sane time for Europe for USA is a different situation your dealer bulls**t you the are bored to do this update becouse it takes about 30 min to download and install to the bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
all dealers connects to the sane server in Austria and get the updates the sane time for Europe for USA is a different situation your dealer bulls**t you the are bored to do this update becouse it takes about 30 min to download and install to the bike
They showed me the tablet and said it was all updated but I don't understand anything about the update toll .
The Bluetooth module had a green ☑ that was all I saw ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had mine installed a few days ago. It s OK, I am not going to use Nav function as I have my phone mounted as well. My only use is if I do t feel like mounting the phone And it remains in the pocket, I can see now who is calling and accepting a call is a bit easier with the switch gear. I think that’s about all there is to it. I run Sena, but I don’t listen to music. In a car I listen to music 100% of the time, on the bike I dislike not hearing the engine and also muffed sound of music through ear plugs. So yeah that’s my expertise with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally made my appointment but when talking to them on the phone, it became apparent to me that I don't know exactly what I should be asking for. Is this called a "connectivity update"? It doesn't sound like I should be asking for "KTM MyRide" because I don't even believe that is a SKU for the '20 SDR but please correct me if I am wrong.

If it is just the connectivity update, does it differ from the regular free updates (like the one that corrects C1/C2 and the Ambient Light sensor)?

Thanks in advance for any help on this so I can not confuse the service people.

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
From the release of 2020 SDR KTM released 3 updates the first update was called instrument update that correct C1/C2 switch also the selection of ride style mtc etc the second update was ABS update and the third update is connectivity update you need all of them but for you to see the menu KTM my ride you will need only the connectivity update of course all of these updates are free of charge :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK so got the updates. Myride is now in the menu and I was able to pair the bike to my iPhone but for some reason the media player doesn't work nor does the Myride app. When I go into the media player on the TFT it says to check the pairing but my phone shows paired. Anyone seen this? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you, tried that and no luck. It was pairing successfully. Turns out it was that I had headset type = BT and no headset paired to the bike (it was paired to the phone instead). Changing it to wired gave me access to use the media player which is what I was after (for the handlebar controls). Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m trying to verify something. Can someone who’s Bluetooth is working and paired properly verify that you can see “KTM My Ride” as one of the menu option On the main menu. I have a theory that some dealers are not installing the connectivity update correctly. Thanks

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
my ride is installed and working nice the menu is i the main list to get it you must do the last update its a connectivity update and ofc you must have the Bluetooth module installed, on some bikes it wasn't installed.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts