KTM Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SDR Black
59 Posts
my ride is installed and working nice the menu is i the main list to get it you must do the last update its a connectivity update and ofc you must have the Bluetooth module installed, on some bikes it wasn't installed.
Is there a reason it would not be installed? it does not show up as an extra anywhere. thoughts?

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
it seams that in many bikes market was for USA or Canada the module wasn't installed and was marked on the delivery report of the bike when you get it that is missing and you will get it when will be available from the factory like the missing printed manuals check your delivery reports you got with the bike

·
Registered
2020 SDR Black
59 Posts
it seams that in many bikes market was for USA or Canada the module wasn't installed and was marked on the delivery report of the bike when you get it that is missing and you will get it when will be available from the factory like the missing printed manuals check your delivery reports you got with the bike
thank you for sharing your knowledge. will keep barking up my dealer :)

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
So.. I did a test before going out to buy one of these in helmet bluetooth headsets. I seemed to be able to connect my iPhone 11 pro to the KTM My ride on my 20 SDR. However, prior to doing so, i was listening to music thru my air pods connected to my iPhone. After my phone said it was connected and although my air pods were still connected to my iPhone, the music stopped. i couldn't get the music to resume playing in my air pods. I wouldn't want the same think to happen after spending the $ for a bluetooth headset for my helmet that i can't get to work. Confusing.. But, I am old

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
after uou pair your phone with the my ride bike there is a extra setting to set to audio or headset check this out to be able to control the airpod thrue the bike check manual gor setting up properly :) i have Android phone so i cant help you with iPhone

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
after uou pair your phone with the my ride bike there is a extra setting to set to audio or headset check this out to be able to control the airpod thrue the bike check manual gor setting up properly :) i have Android phone so i cant help you with iPhone
Do yu listen to music thru your Android ph? If so, which setting did you select to get the music to play using the My Ride to control the music? Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Day 5 on the bike being in the shop and no joy. Talked with them today and they couldn't get the updates to stick.
So I'm being told.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know if you're missing much.

I am really disappointed with MyRide. All I wanted was audio control on the handlebars and it's been a mess. I have an iphone 11 and a cardo so nothing out of the ordinary and on two occasions now I have been riding along and the BT connection starts to get choppy and it gets worse and worse until I turn everything off and back on again. One time it got really bad and then I had a front tire warning too, which was odd, when I went into the tire pressure screen it showed dashes for the front tire (no signal from the front tire), and then a few minutes later I had a red MTC error. Once again turned everything off and back on and it went away.

Since then I have removed the pairing on the bike and the phone and haven't had a single issue since. I'm not sure what is going on with it but it's clearly buggy. I don't need audio controls that badly.

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
I don't know if you're missing much.

I am really disappointed with MyRide. All I wanted was audio control on the handlebars and it's been a mess. I have an iphone 11 and a cardo so nothing out of the ordinary and on two occasions now I have been riding along and the BT connection starts to get choppy and it gets worse and worse until I turn everything off and back on again. One time it got really bad and then I had a front tire warning too, which was odd, when I went into the tire pressure screen it showed dashes for the front tire (no signal from the front tire), and then a few minutes later I had a red MTC error. Once again turned everything off and back on and it went away.

Since then I have removed the pairing on the bike and the phone and haven't had a single issue since. I'm not sure what is going on with it but it's clearly buggy. I don't need audio controls that badly.
This is the thing, Ive been holding off and almost pulled the trigger on a new Shoei GT Air 2 and the Sena SRL2 has its set up for this. Be about $1500+ for this set up and i would be really pissed if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm picking up my bike tmw with all the updates installed.. And they fixed my fob too.
Brappy skip the gt air2.. I wasted my money...it runs hot and that drop down visor( which is why it's hot) Isn't dark enough... I never expected it... Always Been a Shoei guy.... but I wound up in a Scorpion R1 Qautarro Moto gp replica and I can't believe how much more vision I have...it's allot lighter and vents good. Has speaker cut outs too... Comfortable AF TOO
On clearance now for like 380 or less for solid colors.
BUT NOW I DIGRESS... Back to exhausts...

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's talked about in this thread countless times-- for a.) control via handlebars of audio or b.) display of audio or navigation directions through Myride.

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
Hello ppl i have my ride my phone is paired all the calls can be answered by the hundlebar or declined, the navi is working not as fast as i would like and the map is awful i hope in yhe Future will have the ability for google maps (i found a solution to that its turn by turn navigation app for ktm) work's much better than the ktm :) my phone is xiaomi mi 9 and i have Huawei freebuds 3 i can hear music controll volume ,play ,stop next previous song etc just follow instructions from the manual and you will be ok Android works apple never try it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My bike was missing the bluetooth module. Ktm didn't let anyone know. All involved tremendously enjoyed trying to update software on missing hardware.
Fantastic communication by KTM - letting their dealers know they were selling incomplete bikes.

4 bikes that I know of from my dealership were all missing it. The service guys didn't know about the missing modules until I informed them, by learning about it through a facebook group.

The module is in my bike was recently installed, and is now an functioning.
I run a cardo bold headset - not sure how to piggy back them all - will figure out once the season is over.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts