KTM Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try one yet? Thoughts? I ordered from KTM twins and they sent the wrong part number, so still waiting on return/exchange process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Front and rear, no difference in padding (sponge same ****). But the front is more comfy for race track, its more narrow and you can move more freely, on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the ergo seat on my previous 2017 GT . The heating factor was great but I dont find much comfort difference between that and the standard seat on my new GT. I do noticel the additional height difference when stationary.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you are looking for a comfortable seat. look elsewhere. I have one on my GT for the heated seat but it's no better than almost tolerable. I make do with an Airhawk for long freeway drives and padded Aerostitch bicycle shorts. I love sheepskin over a custom seat. I tried that with the Ergo and it was just as uncomfortable as before. I have never seen that before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No difference... that’s disappointing. Was hoping for taller at least. Oh well, the orange “stripe” on the sides looks racy I guess.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the ergo seat, for the money it’s unbeatable in my opinion. I was also happy with the ergo seat on my 2015 SDR. Excellent value for the money IMO

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
No difference... that’s disappointing. Was hoping for taller at least. Oh well, the orange “stripe” on the sides looks racy I guess.
Cheers Dooker, just saw you have posted before about your new 2020SDR...

Gotta be clear which one you are talking about because it has a different seat to both the SDGT version and all previous model SDR's (according to a review I read months ago anyway)........ or maybe KTM Twins sent a GT seat out by mistake?

(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Dooker, just saw you have posted before about your new 2020SDR...

Gotta be clear which one you are talking about because it has a different seat to both the SDGT version and all previous model SDR's (according to a review I read months ago anyway)........ or maybe KTM Twins sent a GT seat out by mistake?

(y)
not sure what seat they sent but it had no chance of fitting. I see you have a Blackbird (XX), I had mine for 15 years, was a 2000, loved that bike. Duke is more fun obviously, but XX was the heat back in 2000!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure which bike Ergo seat is being referred to as no difference in comfort as they didn't mention what year bike they have.
But I have the 2020 1290r and I'm also keen to hear feedback on comfort of the Ergo seat?
I haven't done any long rides on the bike yet so can't really complain about the stock seat so far.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Before buying an Ergo seat like I did, contact Seth Laam at Laam custom Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats
get him to rebuild your stock seat. Ergo is slightly better than stock but not a comfortable seat for long hauls. Really not expensive at all.

·
Registered
554 Posts
not sure what seat they sent but it had no chance of fitting. I see you have a Blackbird (XX), I had mine for 15 years, was a 2000, loved that bike. Duke is more fun obviously, but XX was the heat back in 2000!
I use to work in a dealership at the time. I sold two CBR 1100XX to a guy and his wife. Nice folks. I felt really bad when he found out how much spark plugs for that bike were! I don't know what they cost now but they were pricy back then. The husband let me ride his around the block. It was like going into hyperspace.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funning the number of Blackbird fans that have moved to SDR and SDGT. I got back on my 2007 Blackbird after about a year on my 2019 GT and .... crikey, folding up again for the footpegs (I'm 6'5) and the weight on the bars was.... educational to say the least. Still, about 100 miles down the road it was back to feeling good, and we rode pretty hard for the next 4 days. The NE of Victoria and the Aussie Alps aren't quite Italy / Switzerland, but not too bad for the money. Mind how you go...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts