KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1290 Super Duke R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ... first post , quick questions .... 2020 1290 Super Duke R ...
I’ve seen a few post around the latest software update turning the “N” neutral indicator to being displayed in “ green “
Is this really the case ? If so, Is it region specific ? Is there any way to tell that you have the latest software version ? .... dealer says yes, latest version is in, however How can I be sure ? ... KTM headquarters refering question back to dealers .... hmm ....

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R 3.0
31 Posts
i think you can see the version in the service menu.

mine is 0640 but got last update in august 2020, so its old. (new update at next service in 1 month)

latest should be 0660 with green "N" (or later)

idk if it is region specific but i dont think so. maybe call another dealer to ask.

·
Registered
2020 1290 Super Duke R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think you can see the version in the service menu.

mine is 0640 but got last update in august 2020, so its old. (new update at next service in 1 month)

latest should be 0660 with green "N" (or later)

View attachment 102232

idk if it is region specific but i dont think so. maybe call another dealer to ask.
Ok danke .... muss ich mal auf’s display schau’n ....

·
Registered
'16 SDGT, et al
576 Posts
Please forgive me if I'm missing the point, but the neutral indicator on all three of my bikes is a green "N". One is a KTM, one is a Kawasaki, and one is a Suzuki. I thought green was always the color of neutral, on every bike, everywhere.

Apparently I am mistaken.
Or perhaps green is for bikes in USA?
Or maybe my three are just coincidentally the same color?

·
Registered
2020 1290 Super Duke R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please forgive me if I'm missing the point, but the neutral indicator on all three of my bikes is a green "N". One is a KTM, one is a Kawasaki, and one is a Suzuki. I thought green was always the color of neutral, on every bike, everywhere.

... my Neutral „N“ shows up in „white“ currently and if the number on the bottom left hand of the service menu is the Software version, it seems I am an update behind ....

·
Registered
1290 SDR, 701 SM, RSV4
65 Posts
All my motorcycles had/have green Neutral lights (Europe), so it's most probably a general rule. My SDR ('21) has had the "N" typeface in green from day 1.

·
Registered
2020 1290 Super Duke R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... could anyone in Canada confirm their software version ? Maybe this is country dependent after all ? mine still at 640 and
this is supposed to be the latest version available here ?!

·
Registered
2020 1290 Super Duke R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... ok great, thank you ...
would you also be able to confirm that the number In the lower left hand of the screen
( see above ) is at 660 or higher ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts