KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 790 Adv R with super moto wheels, It is a hoot to tide on the street and off road just put back on the stock wheels and tires. I have two bikes. I am selling my 2012 BMW K1300S HP. A great bike but at 67 I just need something with more relaxed ergos. So I am looking at bikes like Ducati Multistrada, BMW S1000XR and KTM 1290 Super Adventure S. I am as leaning heavily in the Super Adventure S direction. Why because I have orange blood. Any hoot the real question is should I get a great deal on a 2020 end of year bike or wait for the 2021,s It is hard to get any information on the 2021 Super Adventures. The dealers are not even getting press. Secondly O understand 2021’s may be coming out vary late maybe not even to July. What are your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeterHendrix

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Guess the new 1290 will have a speed sensor, in order to adjust speed to traffic speed, or vehicle in front! This only feature would make the wait for a 2021 model worth!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of a mute point though I got ac1290 SAS this weekend. So much for control.

Reactions: LuiGeeCab

·
Registered
1 Posts
KTM will try to get a long production run on the new big bikes and change the small bikes a bit to grab emerging markets. Prices are unlikely to do anything other than go up as production has been stopped sporadically and demand has continued. I took all this into account and grabbed a 1290 SAS a couple of weeks ago. (A recession could change this, this is not investment grade advice - just fun stuff))

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KTM will try to get a long production run on the new big bikes and change the small bikes a bit to grab emerging markets. Prices are unlikely to do anything other than go up as production has been stopped sporadically and demand has continued. I took all this into account and grabbed a 1290 SAS a couple of weeks ago. (A recession could change this, this is not investment grade advice - just fun stuff))
In the end this was basically my read on it as well. I also feel that production for the 2021 larger bikes is not going to reach US shores until July or so because of their continues sporadic production at the main plant. So like you I just decided to take the five now sad get a great deal on a 2020. I love mine I wish winter was not around the corner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts