KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think I may be seeing the last glimmering hope of a Gen 3 GT in my future. Just too many 2019 and 2020 GTs left out there and here I am with a 2020 with over 20K miles (32K km).

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
After a quick search on the internet, it seems it is not hard to find leftover 2020 SD GTs, but it does not appear that the market is flooded with them. I wish KTM would break radio silence and announce the revised GT as an upcoming 2022 or at least leak it out. I'd be just as interested in a Super Adventure S with a 17" front wheel. I think there are a lot of folks like myself that are a little let down by the V4 Multistrada and new SD GT should be able to cannibalize some sales.
G'day Potomacduc,

In my latest bike magazine (Aus M/C News) there is a spy shot of the V4S Pikes Peak being tested around a race track in Italy........ SS swing arm, 6" rear rim + fat tyre, 17" front wheel, Panagale forks, knee down (naturally, just for the spy shot ;)), so it's on the way, supply chain delays pending........... but it won't be cheap (y)

The world is pretty Fkd up by covid....... Maybe hearing about the Pikes Peak V4MS breaking cover KTM will spark up and do something about the gen3 GT.. :devilish:

PS...... I've done almost 3k miles on my V4 now, and it's a totally different thing to when it was a new born. I have tweaked the steering by sliding the forks up 2mm (as an experiment but also because I discovered they were 1mm unequal from the factory :()... the thing is now more planted than the dirt/road compromise setting. Also, at long last, I remembered to set the clutch lever adjustment for my small hands and I now nail take offs instead of muffing them :ROFLMAO:.

The advantages now outweigh the disadvantages (for me) over the excellent SDGT and my fabulous gen1 GT is slipping from my thoughts.... but never completely, it will always be my best ever very sporty sport tourer (y) (note to KTM.... make sure you put the shockie linkage from the gen3 SDR on the GT, or use a dual rate spring to soak up mid corner bumps - the V4S does not get jittery on mid corner bumps with it's Marzocchi suspenders ;) :LOL: ).

Reactions: potomacduc

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a sit on the new SA-R in Sydney. Nice bike. Will test ride one for sure - if only to see what the hype is about...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I may be seeing the last glimmering hope of a Gen 3 GT in my future. Just too many 2019 and 2020 GTs left out there and here I am with a 2020 with over 20K miles (32K km).
Considering that no new GTs have been brought to the states in 2021, I see the remaining inventory disappear. I’ve been looking for a good deal on 2019-2020 GT with no luck so far.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,812 Posts
Not sure in everyone else’s region, the dealers here in Canada I think have a hard time selling the GT. They are very low volume but still seen new (older models) on dealer floors. if I’m not mistaken, it was the most expensive bike KTM had in their lineup. When a new 1290GT model is going to be released (pretty sure a new 890GT as well) there should be incentives to unload the current GTs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Considering that no new GTs have been brought to the states in 2021, I see the remaining inventory disappear. I’ve been looking for a good deal on 2019-2020 GT with no luck so far.
In the US, I also am not seeing a lot of 2020s and almost no 2019s. You can find one if you need one, but I think inventory is getting low. I have two dealerships within 50-60 miles of me and neither of them have any 2020s or 2019s. Cycle Trader shows about a dozen nationwide. I think the excuse of protecting old dealer inventory is running out.

As for the V4 Multi, I am hoping to be able to squeeze in a test ride this Saturday. The spy shots of the version with a 17" front wheel, SSS and wider rear wheel are intriguing, but if it comes out as a Pikes Peak successor, it will surely be $30K in the US. The V4S Sport is over $26k. Pikes Peal models have Ohlins, forged wheels and more CF bits and that will easily add $4k to the price. A new SD GT or SA S with 17" front wheel will likely be $8-10k cheaper and may well be the better bike for my needs. Also, for <$20k, I can buy a new Tuono Factory and keep my 2013 Multistrada. In the past my love for Ducati made price not as important, but the brand is losing some of the magic for me and keeping $5-10k in my pocket will matter this time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the US, I also am not seeing a lot of 2020s and almost no 2019s. You can find one if you need one, but I think inventory is getting low. I have two dealerships within 50-60 miles of me and neither of them have any 2020s or 2019s. Cycle Trader shows about a dozen nationwide. I think the excuse of protecting old dealer inventory is running out.

As for the V4 Multi, I am hoping to be able to squeeze in a test ride this Saturday. The spy shots of the version with a 17" front wheel, SSS and wider rear wheel are intriguing, but if it comes out as a Pikes Peak successor, it will surely be $30K in the US. The V4S Sport is over $26k. Pikes Peal models have Ohlins, forged wheels and more CF bits and that will easily add $4k to the price. A new SD GT or SA S with 17" front wheel will likely be $8-10k cheaper and may well be the better bike for my needs. Also, for <$20k, I can buy a new Tuono Factory and keep my 2013 Multistrada. In the past my love for Ducati made price not as important, but the brand is losing some of the magic for me and keeping $5-10k in my pocket will matter this time.
Yeah, I've seen several new 2019 GT advertised for MSRP, which does not make sense to me. Especially considering that I was offered the same bike for $16k with fees included last September. I should have pulled the trigger :-(

·
Registered
6 Posts

By the way, I've recently seen 2020 Tuono Factory for $16k. I believe it's a price hard to beat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, we might be able to do a deal LOL...I am expecting the 2022 Super Duke GT to be on the front page when EIMCA '22 is announced. Where are you located?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm also on the east coast, DC metro.
There are more 2020 Aprilias hanging around than KTMs, but they are also starting to disappear as dealers are discounting.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts