KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2020 KTM superduke 1290R
30 Posts
I remember a few small recalls on my ‘20 SDR including a clutch cover gasket I think, I had the dealer fix when installing the track pack.
I thought the engine on the Evo was unchanged from the ‘20-‘21 so I’m surprised there would be any engine related recalls.

· Registered
26 Posts
I got a new 2022 very recently and it did require the wiring harness recall even though the bike was built in January this year. So even though this has been an active recall for around 18 months, new bikes are still leaving the factory without the fix applied.

Shrug.

· Registered
622 Posts
I got a new 2022 very recently and it did require the wiring harness recall even though the bike was built in January this year. So even though this has been an active recall for around 18 months, new bikes are still leaving the factory without the fix applied.

Shrug.
That makes sense though the date of the recall was 4-11-22. After your production date.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Berk

· Registered
61 Posts
I just picked up a 2022 three months ago and it cuts out once in a while riding. only for a half second. Kind of like your foot hit the shifter and the quick shifter cut the ignition. I wonder if that's what the hire harness issue causes?

· Registered
622 Posts
I’m assuming that ZlTM out Stop Sale locks on remainder of 2022’ falling outside production dates because of safety issue and potential exposure. Now the dealers have to make recall changes of 4-11-22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
622 Posts
Here is the skinny on the SDR recalls. The second on issued 4-11-22 affects all 2020 thru 2022 models. This is additional cable ties and rerouting issues of main wiring harness. Obviously they had been eyeing the problems and at some point changes were made on production lines. Bikes that were made before these production dates have an issue. KTM saw that there was a large liability and consumer confidence issue if bikes produced before production routines and cable tie placements were made. All bikes manufactured before production changes had a stop sale lock placed on them do that dealers were forced to apply 4-11-22 recall before the sales of these bikes. Bikes produced after changes were made in production are not subject to the 4-11-22 recall and those bikes do not have sales locks placed on them. I did not see this in writing from KTM but as a business owner this is the probable cause of events. If your bike is experiencing intermittent short lapses of power regardless of whether it gals within the 4-11-22 recall it is a warranty issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: steve59
1 - 20 of 50 Posts