KTM Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
'16 SDGT, et al
835 Posts
In most of the USA, 4-11-22 means April 12, 2022. We've got to remember that in many countries, and in the military, 4-11-22 translates to November 4, 2022, using the day-month-year format.

Perhaps this causes some confusion. I know it does with me, but I'm often easily confused.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is the skinny on the SDR recalls. The second on issued 4-11-22 affects all 2020 thru 2022 models. This is additional cable ties and rerouting issues of main wiring harness. Obviously they had been eyeing the problems and at some point changes were made on production lines. Bikes that were made before these production dates have an issue. KTM saw that there was a large liability and consumer confidence issue if bikes produced before production routines and cable tie placements were made. All bikes manufactured before production changes had a stop sale lock placed on them do that dealers were forced to apply 4-11-22 recall before the sales of these bikes. Bikes produced after changes were made in production are not subject to the 4-11-22 recall and those bikes do not have sales locks placed on them. I did not see this in writing from KTM but as a business owner this is the probable cause of events. If your bike is experiencing intermittent short lapses of power regardless of whether it gals within the 4-11-22 recall it is a warranty issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree 100% but like the tec said they aren't going to be able to find a intermittent issue that only happens once in a while on a 180 mile ride. How do you know when you 2022 was actually built? is it a vin number thing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went to my local dealer yesterday to buy they're last new 2022 SDr and they have a stop sale on it. They didn't even know there was one on them until after the deal was done and they ran the vin #. They said I can wait on the recall (stop sale) to be done or I can have my down payment back. They have no idea how long it will before they are able to sell it . I'm so bummed...

·
Registered
2022 SDR Evo
11 Posts
I went to my local dealer yesterday to buy they're last new 2022 SDr and they have a stop sale on it. They didn't even know there was one on them until after the deal was done and they ran the vin #. They said I can wait on the recall (stop sale) to be done or I can have my down payment back. They have no idea how long it will before they are able to sell it . I'm so bummed...
Thanks for the heads up. I was starting to think I was an anomaly lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
Got my recall letter in the mail today, recall reference number TI 11 2009785 for model year 2020 to 2022 inc 1290 Super Duke R, EVO and RR
Letter indicates wiring harness may rub on frame at contact points.

• Helpful
Reactions: JC31 and Grizz

·
Registered
625 Posts
I agree 100% but like the tec said they aren't going to be able to find a intermittent issue that only happens once in a while on a 180 mile ride. How do you know when you 2022 was actually built? is it a vin number thing?
Yes vin number tracks back to production date.

·
Registered
625 Posts
There's been a couple of Facebook posts on the Australian Super Duke R page from gen 3 (2021) owners about the main clutch nut coming loose! One owner claimed his rear wheel locked up as he was riding!!
I may pull my cover just to check it. That would not be good. Regardless if it’s a recall or not.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My dealer called back, they've ordered the parts and I'm booked in for second week of December

Reactions: JC31
21 - 40 of 43 Posts