KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First took care of items not assembled correctly from my local KTM dealer in cannonsburgh Pa. Then on to adding thread lock, tamper proof sealant, and paint pen markings on hardware so i can visually check items have not migrated.
I installed rim locks that came with spare parts from KTM, i also added one valve stem removale cap to one wheel and stem nuts backed up to cap in case i need to add air to a low tire .
Made skid plate, clutch cover case guard, and smaller license plate bracket out of hdpe plastic. modified a small light with a few LED's for tail, brake and license plate illumination.
Modified left switch gear housing so lever adjuster does not contact it as they all do when reach adjuster is changed.
Removed material from outter side of l.h. switch gear and mirror mount to set clutch perch correctly for me.
Added silicon sealant(rtv) to inexpensive $17 folding mirror outter circumference in hopes it lasts longer since in the past the mirror edge starts deteriorating due to moisture getting behind it but otherwise they work fine.
Loctited lever perches so lever assemblies will rotate when i fall.
Right seat hex/torx bolt replaced with round head phillips screw so seat cover will not wear through as my seat was contacting hex sharp edge.
Removed countershaft sprocket and added molydisulfide grease to splines and a updated tension washer.
Added rubber bumper to rear chain guard bracket.
Drilled and safetied a few bolts and nuts, right side header bolt, rear axle nut. Safetied brake pad pin clips.
Added brush deflection cables to brake and shift lever..
Plan on making lower fork guards once i pick up some harware i need to build them.
Added shouldered washers and fiber washers to radiator shroud plastic.
Replaced forward radiator shroud/louver bolts with longer ones
No engine updates since it is still under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
925 Posts
Impressive work sir! That is a ton of time into properly setting up your machine.

What's next on the mod list?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm retired and like to work on bikes still so i don't mind working in garage setting it up how i like...
I am going to try and make lower fork casting protectors...
Once out of warranty i am going to modify my end cap 1st and add an ecu piggyback probably.
I have tried to see if anyone has modified stock end cap with any luck but i can not find anything...just new ones with exit bore the same size as internals. Then they sell a neck down insert to quiet it down since it is to loud for most people!
So i'm hoping i can upgrade it myself as i don't want it to loud.. this bike should run much better once uncorked..i sure do miss carburetors!😅
If any one knows where i can look for good engine mods i would appreciate it...
Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all...
Lower front fork guards made out of hdpe plastic..I had to make an expansion plug out of a cut down rubber cork and flanged nut inverted to fit in lower fork leg recess.
This is first attempt and did not use pinch bolts to hold plastic . I will make another set and see if torque does not fall off on pinch bolts . Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updated lower fork protectors since i did not like initial items i made from hdpe plastic. I thought about bolting them up using spacers but did not like the fact the bolts would be protruding MORE making them more vulnerable to damage so i think this the best option for me. Set up rear brakes for my riding and safetied .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts