KTM Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads i have come a cross this before but i dont know if anyone selling the speedo wheels to correct the abs and traction control when i change the front wheel to 17 inch. did anyone done this before ? i know some of the gen 2 owners did it, but cant find any new bikes had it done.

Picture for attention only.

Just getting a new adventure S and hoping to create this bike in the picture. which i think it will be alot better road bike.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This maybe?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This maybe?

yea i find the lads and i am ordering my front wheel :D so exiting :D i think i might be the first guy doing for the Latest gen :D

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
It's been done, although I can't imagine why. Unless it's just to be able to stick the front wheel in the turns harder. I'm waiting for some rabid ADV-type to put in a Super Duke engine. And some shortened suspension, so it can perform like a sportbike with those 17's at both ends.

I know a guy who put a long legged suspension on his ZX-11. Worked ok, I suppose, but again, why? When you change one thing, you change everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been done, although I can't imagine why. Unless it's just to be able to stick the front wheel in the turns harder. I'm waiting for some rabid ADV-type to put in a Super Duke engine. And some shortened suspension, so it can perform like a sportbike with those 17's at both ends.

I know a guy who put a long legged suspension on his ZX-11. Worked ok, I suppose, but again, why? When you change one thing, you change everything.

Its not only turning harder mate the entire bike will be a lot better, more weight to the front, bike will automaticly lower as well, the only reason Ktm puts 19 inch front is the off road, they want to sell the bike as offroad too. with a 17 inch front this bike will be better then Bmw XR , ducati 1200 multi, and lets face it , people who likes to do more offroad do buy the R version anyway. and i believe 17 inch wheel will cure the high speed wobble of this bike as well. it will be also more planted at wet roads. you will have many many options for the tyres. i will be going for 180-190 rear 120 front anyway, so it will be full road potential.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The wheels is here too now waiting for the Conversion kit for Abs rings and some spacers. The wheels was expensive, this is a second hand superduke 1290 2020 front wheel. cost me a whooping £380. hopefully tyre is not need changing :D But considering the brand new one is £695 its okay price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Used front wheels are always more expen$ive than rears because most crashes involve the front of the machine, so there are fewer fronts available.
i thought that ! but now looking at the wheel i think i got a bargain, its includes a tire pressure monitor system and a new tyre. I just seen the tire year is 2020 so its good enough to use. all i need to do is buy the rear michelin road 5 too :D this is a good saving as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts