KTM Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been in an unfortunate event that my Brembo MCS brake lever got bent. I've ordered a replacement from KTM Brake lever 63613902044 and the parts that I need to use from old lever won't fit into it. I had to put Brembo back in and I have a headache trying to figure out why it won't fit. I'm not sure if it fits only non-R version.
I don't know how that part is called, but it basically goes into the lever to push the plunger in (has 19-20-21 adjustment) and acts as a limit for range.
Is there a place I could order just that small piece or I'd have to have whole system swapped? I'm quite new to the motorcycle world and I'm learning as I go.
I have clutch lever ordered to match but it's backordered and I'm afraid it won't be a perfect fit either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That lever does work with your bike. You need to figure how to remove the adjuster and swop over to new lever....or get dealer to do it.
I have tried putting the adjuster and the inner piece is much bigger than the slot it goes into. If I'll have a moment I'll take it out again and take a picture. I'll keep trying though.

"bent"

Can you take it off heat it up and bend it back slowly........!!!!!
I can ride with it bent like that but it's a brand new bike and didn't want to have all the bents already in. Leaving couple big scratches on my SC1 exhaust already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here's some photos:

There's no way to physically put it in spot for it to align.
KTM lever has more of a rectangle shape
Brembo (OEM) has that 'notch' that doesn't fit as you can see on previous pictures.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Try this forum/thread. Hope link works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I found the issue, I've ordered '64102931044' instead of '64102931544' for clutch (not sure if this one will fit either) and '64113902044' instead of '63613902044' for the brake. I went through that forum and still didn't make sense looking at what I have. Went through KTM PP website and I can see from the picture it is different than mine (cutout has different shape).

Thank you for all your help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have tried putting the adjuster and the inner piece is much bigger than the slot it goes into. If I'll have a moment I'll take it out again and take a picture. I'll keep trying though.

I can ride with it bent like that but it's a brand new bike and didn't want to have all the bents already in. Leaving couple big scratches on my SC1 exhaust already.
I have a SC Project slip on available. Pm if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts