KTM Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SDR Evo
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured that I would post my result from my factory fill and then approx ~1800 miles on some Maxima Pro+ 10w50.

I'm currently running Motul 7100 10w50. As you can see from the notes that the Pro+ sheared down. I know the 690's were hard on oil and, I guess, so are the 1290's. I know some people run Motul 7100 10w60 and say the bike seems to like it better, but I'm in Western PA so we get all ranges of temperatures. Sometimes all in the same day so I'm wondering if that would be too thick. I guess not if it shears down that quick. Anyways....just posting up to share info and comments.

·
Registered
2022 SDR Evo
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a user level , the oil stays and looks cleaner over same km, and the internal parts of motor have a shine about them like this oil covers and sticks to everything. The spill over the motor test is another eye opener of how this stuff wants to stay on surfaces
After reading my post again...I guess running 10w50 or 10w60 in colder weather is the same being they both are 10w. Think I'm gonna run the 10w60 next and get an analysis to compare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts