KTM Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me why the picture I attached looks like a cracked hose or tube and some sponge looking thing melted? Maybe from the heat of the engine? What is this? I’m so disappointed with build quality of my 390 Adventure even though I love this bike and want to keep it for a very long time. Also my cush drives are worn already I was told? There is play is my rear sprocket with 1K miles of usage? I’m amazed. I used to have a KTM Duke 390 in UK vin started with V and felt very different from 390 Adventure with VIN that starts with M. I love KTM and just want to enjoy my bike as it’s really fun and I enjoy all the features like navigation on the tft dash. Speaking of dash gets condensation all the time and it’s very laggy transitioning from light to dark mode when riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
It looks like just a rubber wire cover that is cracked, but hard to tell from the photo. The wire connected to the bolt at the bottom isn’t totally protected by rubber because I assume it is a ground wire and the one above is a positive wire. I don’t ever want a KTM assembled in India or China even though I know my Austrian assembled bike has parts from everywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have lost all respect for KTM the build quality of my second KTM is completely unacceptable. Falling apart with 1K miles of usage. I bought in US and it’s completely different from the Bike I bought in UK. Vin in UK started with V here in US starts with M. Indian built KTM are completely disposable garbage. My bike is in the shop under warranty and calling KTM USA Ohio to see if my claim was approved has been the most condescending experience. Some dude had the nerve to tell me I have an entry level bike and what can I expect. I called again got the same guy and he hung up on me. Called back spoke to someone different and the same guy from the original call was asking the new guy on the phone with me if I’m xyz, and went on to complaint how I just called. Unacceptable. Never spending a penny on KTM brand again. I love the tech and the performance of the bike but damn it’s so short lived. My second Indian built KTM is falling apart with 1K miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts