KTM Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some lowered foot pegs for my '16 SDGT from eBay, got them installed and went for a ride. Very comfortable. I'm 6', with 32" inseam, and the extra inch and a half of leg room is welcome. These pegs were $64 shipped, or a bit less than half the price of a particlar well-known brand of lowered pegs. I doubt these are as strong, however, since they are 3-piece, compared to the one-piece design of a leading brand. Below are some pics. IMG_20200629_142840088.jpg IMG_20200629_142840088.jpg IMG_20200628_144504249.jpg

·
Registered
136 Posts
I threw away the hardware and used al 5/16s allen bolts That stock was too small if you stand on the pegs

·
Registered
125 Posts
I Installed the MFW Vario pegs on my SDGT and they do give you more space and less knee bend. These adjustable pegs stick out a bit further than the stock ones so I had to get a longer bolt and spacer for the shifter and brake pedal so that you dont have to turn your foot inwards to operate them properly.
IMG_4272.JPG
IMG_4272.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the exact same foot pegs. I installed them on a '19 SDGT. Much more comfortable for those 10 hour days in the saddle. I've had mine about a year and no issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@SToner: have you found the pegs to be robust enough to stand on? At least one person (DaveB) has used different(stronger) bolts instead of the ones provided.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used the provided bolts and I stand on mine all the time. Mostly for rough roads and rail crossings. Not adventure riding.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
@AlanS65:
What kind of spacers did you use? I need to get a couple...and some longer bolts.
I got 5mm longer than stock ( think stock is M6 X 20 mm tx 30) bolts from my dealer.. for free( Peak Powersports have been awesome) and I had a pair of anodized orange sprocket nuts (from Probolt USA ) left over from my sprocket change and put those on as spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
How's the ground clearance when your running the twisties?
It is an half an inch lower and sticks out bit further so ground clearance is less but they fold and I have only scraped them once or twice and I was cranked over as far as I am comfortable anyway. If I was going to a track day I would raise them by moving them back for sure but for street /twisty use it hasnt been an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts