KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with this bike, Ive been looking into getting one for dual sport riding, and am wondering if the roller rocker arms have to be adjusted periodically on the topend? Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the model, at all. I am sure someone will be stopping in soon that can answer your question.

Again, I am sorry I couldn't be of assistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone familiar with this bike, Ive been looking into getting one for dual sport riding, and am wondering if the roller rocker arms have to be adjusted periodically on the topend? Thanks.
I haven't heard anything about the rocker arms needing any special adjustments other than the normal wear and tear. I have tried to get a hold of one of the mechanics I know for KTM, but he's out for the Holidays with his family. Maybe I can get an answer by the beginning of the year if no one else has given you the answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 EXC-R and...

2007 EXC-R NEGATIVES -

You do not want to get this bike. There are several DESIGN flaws. The blinkers are located directly behind the muffler, the exhaust is also designed poorly and shoots burning hot exhaust exhaust onto your leg where it connects in the two piece assemble. My local dealers which are even worse than the design flaws on the bike unwillingly sabotaged me by forgetting to put the back breaks all the way back together and I was suddenly surprised while traveling 70 miles an hour down the highway when i let off the gas and was nearly flung from my brand new KTM motorcycle. The blinkers not only melt, but sometimes they just fall off just because... If you buy this bike DEMAND that the blinkers and exhaust be upgraded to fix the problem. My dealer is very cheap (Condatas in Wenatchee, WA) and they refuse to replace my exhaust and try implementing cheap fixes to outlast the warranty like Caulk to seal the muffler (it melted away and the problem still exists). Overall when you first buy this bike you will need to fix the muffler, the blinkers, the mirrors fall off constantly, the battery is too weak(need upgrade), I upgraded my tires because the nobs that were on deliver hardcore dangers speed wobble on the highway, and hopefully your dealer is grade A or you will pay for it all yourself like I am. Forget the Roller Rocker arms..., but the top speed is 120 miles an hour and I wish it was slower (lower gear ratio), because you cant really pop a wheelie in third. I'm not a mechanic so I do not know what you are getting at when talking about the roller rocker arms. I realize they attach to the piston, but what would adjusting them do to the performance?

2007 EXC-R POSITIVES -

The motor is undeniable a good motor and I cant slap that around none. The frame and suspension handles wonderfully, but the shocks could be stronger for jumping (I bottom mine out getting barely 5 feet air off a roller). The bike handles perfectly on the trail and has a ton of power, but the bike is a little heavy for hill climbs, at least if you have the lesser street nob tires/enduros. I can get the front up in all the first three gears on pavement, but if the bike was geared lower to about 80 MPH top speed I think it would be a lot more fun.

Peace out,

I Hope this helps any people looking at KTM's slapped together design for the 2007 EXC-R and I also hope that KTM see's this and makes it right...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts