KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
First thing, I'm new, so apologies if this has been discussed, I have looked and can't see this issue but have it has been discussed if skmeone can point me the right was I would appreciate it.
My bike is burning oil, 1lt every 500 mile. I did a leak test and was leaking past valves. New gen valves fitted, new gen valve guides and seals fitted. New piston rings. Still burned oil.
Next replanted barrel and fitted new piston. Checked with leak tester after this and running a 3% lose.
Bike still burns oil. She has been run on the correct motrex oil from dealer. She has been run hard enough to bed everything in correctly and she's done 17000 miles.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Toss of the dice with these 690 motors. Some use oil for the 1st few thousand miles, others nothing. Mine was an oil user and consumption went away soon as I started riding her harder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toss of the dice with these 690 motors. Some use oil for the 1st few thousand miles, others nothing. Mine was an oil user and consumption went away soon as I started riding her harder.
This one has been ridden, has been fine with minimal oil consumption for the first 17000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts