KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 790 Adventure, looking to be able to do extended rides that isn't feasible with my other bike. However it has turned into an absolute nightmare. Don't know what the heck KTM is doing but this thing is a total POS. Less than 80 miles i have a fuel leak and a strange cyclic vibration. So after one day it spends 7 days at the dealer and they replace the petcock, fuel coupler, and level sensor. I ask then to also balance the wheels thinking that's where the vibe is coming from. They call me up and say everything is good, no leaks and no vibe. Take the bike out yet again. Still have a cyclic vibration that runs through the bike, decide to hold onto it through the Labor Day weekend, road for 3.5 hours on Saturday, 15 minutes Sunday morning and VERY reluctantly, 2 hours Sunday night then totally avoided it Monday. Now its back in the shop.

None of their KTM guys are around toady, they had some other person who is more of a dirt rider take it out and says he notices a "slight" vibe. Slight? It's like riding a vibrator down the highway (and not in a good way), how is that slight.

Purchased 8/22, brought it back 8/23, got it back 8/30, now it's back in 9/3.

The worst part is, I don't even live here, I'm (trying) to pass through and stopped in to get the Duc serviced. I've had to extend my stay 3 times just for this garbage. I'm supposed to depart 9/8, they need to have this nonsense resolved. Dropped 16K in total on this and it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. Owned it for 12 days and it's been in the shop for 8.

So if anyone knows what can cause a cyclic vibration, let me know, because no one at the service center either believes me or knows what to do. All that said, the dealer/service employees have been professional and patient, but i'm at wits end with this POS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am sorry you are having issues. I have gone around 2,600 miles, with about 500 being off road and not had any problems. There is some vibration when I run up the RPM's, but no more than I had with my R1200 GSA. There shouldn't be any harmonic issue with any bike. It sounds like you may have a problem with that specific bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are changing out the front tire, so I'll know tomorrow, hopefully, if that's the fix.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That sucks, kind of sounds like the dealer is incompetent, I have 2,500miles with my 790R and not a single problem, hope it stays that way. It really is a great bike, get it fixed and I'm sure your opinion will change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Meatwad
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing