KTM Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’ve had 2 issues on my 790 R in over a year and 11.5k miles. My fuel sender failed and was fixed under warranty, and my battery died because some genius engineer designed the headlight to stay on if the ignition goes off when still rolling. I turned off the key, coasted to a stop, and didn’t notice the headlight stayed on resulting in a dead battery the next day. I now use the kill switch instead of the key for rolling stops; the light goes off that way.

The 790 R is awesome: 50+ MPG (250+mile range), more power than I need, smooth at stupid speeds (124 mph so far), haven’t bottom out the shocks (not even on motocross tracks), cruise control, Quickshifter, nice TFT with Bluetooth and caller ID, comfortable stock seat, nice place to rest your feet on the sides of the fuel tanks (a must for passing Harley dudes), Rally mode, and it remembers your settings without needing a dongle. There is some wind noise/buffeting at high speeds, but I’ve done over 500 miles in a day with no issues. I almost bought a Husqvarna 701, but glad I chose the 790.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts