KTM Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have put roughly have a tank of 93 but at the track this weekend it still ran really rough when it got up to temps of 180+.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the plan. But before I do I am replacing the battery as well. It's is a ballistic lithium. KTM told me it could be going bad and when heated not produce the right current

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just add octane booster fir a tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I decided to drain the tank and got into trouble with the tank not.going back on. I got put in the right direction with the subframe bolt removal. Will check that out when I get off work. I also replaced the lithium battery as it was getting weak. I'm hoping between new gas and battery she will be back to normal.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This may be a silly question, but why on earth did you remove the tank to drain it? So much easier to simply grab a siphon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I did not have a syphon on hand and I figured that was a good opportunity to get to know the bike better. I have been riding since I could walk but never got into working on motors. So now I am working on becoming better with wrenching.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just read the thread on the missing shim and I'm wondering if my bike is at risk. I also have experienced the leaking fluid situation.although I can see a little residue on the case where the moisture burns off of it. Any thoughts on all this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts