KTM Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am in the middle of purchasing a 890 Adventure R, I am picking it up next Friday. I am super excited, I have been wanting an adventure bike for years. The 890 comes with the physical cruise control switches but you have to purchase the programming same as you did for the 790. The 890r apparently does not come with the Rally mode enabled so I have to purchase that as well. I also want the quick shift enabled.

The problem I am having is that my dealer says the "programing" is backordered!?!? I asked how it could be backordered due to it being something that is transferred over the internet from KTM but that's what they told me. They said it could be up to 3 months before it "comes in".

Is anyone else running into this problem?

Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nope, sounds like BS. Mine came and I had them up load the Tech Package. I picked it up 1/2/21. Have ridden it some and everything worked. I know some guys on AdvRider said their dealers had some problems getting it to load. Gist of the posts, said the dealer had to contact KTM for help. Most got it loaded. You're right, it's a program, not a hard part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, sounds like BS. Mine came and I had them up load the Tech Package. I picked it up 1/2/21. Have ridden it some and everything worked. I know some guys on AdvRider said their dealers had some problems getting it to load. Gist of the posts, said the dealer had to contact KTM for help. Most got it loaded. You're right, it's a program, not a hard part.
Hey thanks! I will push the dealer to try harder lol. Hopefully they can get it done without to much for problems.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am in the middle of purchasing a 890 Adventure R, I am picking it up next Friday. I am super excited, I have been wanting an adventure bike for years. The 890 comes with the physical cruise control switches but you have to purchase the programming same as you did for the 790. The 890r apparently does not come with the Rally mode enabled so I have to purchase that as well. I also want the quick shift enabled.

The problem I am having is that my dealer says the "programing" is backordered!?!? I asked how it could be backordered due to it being something that is transferred over the internet from KTM but that's what they told me. They said it could be up to 3 months before it "comes in".

Is anyone else running into this problem?

Thanks a lot!!
They plug the bike into the KTM system, put in the Vin and request activation. The system unlocks the feature and KTM bills the dealer.
Backorder is not possible- maybe their workshop is backed up?.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree that it is BS and your dealer just doesn’t know what they are doing. I had to wait for the switch, but once it arrived, the dealer just downloaded the software. It sucks KTM isn’t including Rally mode on the 890R like they did with the 790Rs. Mine is in Rally mode 100% of the time. Rally throttle really wakes up the engine, enjoy that extra power and torque on your 890.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the reply’s! I will definitely be having a conversation with the service department about it. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts