KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into the TUSK PANNIER RACKS WITH TUSK PILOT PANNIER BAGS - it says it fits the 790 but they have not tested the 890 adventure R - do you think it will fit? Go ahead and enjoy telling me what a moron I am - :rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
The 790 and 890 frames should be the same, and I haven’t heard anyone say otherwise. I ordered a deCat pipe that specifically said it was for the 2019-20 790 Adventure and fit great on my 790R, maybe it won’t fit the 890s for some reason. And, the Duke deCat pipes don’t line up perfectly on the Adventures.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You should fine with figment of the racks. I got Outback Mototek set from MoskoMoto. At the time, the didn’t know if they fit the 890. Fit was perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking into the TUSK PANNIER RACKS WITH TUSK PILOT PANNIER BAGS - it says it fits the 790 but they have not tested the 890 adventure R - do you think it will fit? Go ahead and enjoy telling me what a moron I am - :rolleyes:
KTM Powerparts list the exact same Touratech Pannier Rack for both the 790 and 890 so the mounts must be the same for both bikes.

·
Registered
2021 KTM 890 Adventure R & KTM 500 EXC
1 Posts
I'm curious if you have run across reviews for the Tusk Pannier Racks or Pilot bags? I am thinking about outfitting my 890 with them, certainly seem like a reasonable price and I do not expect heavy use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When Moto camping I use a Giant Loop Coyote so I don’t have to put racks on the bike. My tent and sleeping bag strap on top (in dry bags). When Motelling I strap on a GL Rogue for clothes and layers. I always have an Enduristan Rally on the back for tools and such. FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mosko Moto now says there are experiencing fitment problems on the 890 with the Outback Motortek Version 1 racks. These were designed for the 790. I wrote to Outback Motortek and they said a Version 2 was being manufactured and the fitment will be 100%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts