KTM Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
Discussion Starter #1
Have any 890 owners out there changed their signals? I added a set of Yoshimura signals when ordering my Evotech fender kit from Rottweiler Performance (front ones are still stock). The signals work and all but naturally I get an error on the dash whenever I turn them on (dash indicator blinks ~double the speed). Since EU bikes get LED signals, I'm guessing this is a U.S. (maybe North America?) market thing, as the ECU expects the resistance/load from the non-LED bulbs.
I tried the dual-load equalizer from New Rage Cycles, thinking it would also work on the 890 (it is marked for 790), but no luck. They stated it's not the same and they're going to be working on the 890 solution here shortly.
Yoshimura includes a relay in the kit they sell for the 890, but I was told by them that a relay shouldn't be required. So maybe they're selling more of a generic kit that just includes the unnecessary hardware...
Anyway, if someone here has had success in solving this on the 890, I'd like to hear your solution/input! Otherwise I'd say wait a bit before you pull a me and swap signals ahead of a working solution. 馃槕

Registered
If you buy the EU ktm led signals they are plug and play with no resistors/load equalizers. Your dealer just has to enable LED mode.

Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
Discussion Starter #3
If you buy the EU ktm led signals they are plug and play with no resistors/load equalizers. Your dealer just has to enable LED mode.
I think if I was doing this all over, I'd say screw it and just try to import some. I'm a little far in by now lol. At the very least, New Rage Cycles should have a solution for the 890 before too long...

edit: I wonder now, then...could I just have my dealer do that and the error might go away?

Registered
To get correct blinking you're gonna need to wire in a resistor, most likely.

Every solution that looks good to me is inordinately expensive.

If I had more money than sense, I'd go for a set of Rizomas.

Here's another thread about this: Turn Indicators

Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I added some 50W 15 ohm resistors and it fixed it. In the process, I broke a connector. I soldered all my connections since the splice clamp solution failed me (???? why???...just had to cut and solder more). I ran one of the signals for several minutes. The resistor does get hot, but it cools down pretty quickly, too. I think so long as I don't leave my signals on for a really long time, I should be fine. The wiring in the tail is not pretty right now. 馃ぃ

Registered
Well, I added some 50W 15 ohm resistors and it fixed it. In the process, I broke a connector. I soldered all my connections since the splice clamp solution failed me (???? why???...just had to cut and solder more). I ran one of the signals for several minutes. The resistor does get hot, but it cools down pretty quickly, too. I think so long as I don't leave my signals on for a really long time, I should be fine. The wiring in the tail is not pretty right now. 馃ぃ
Does the turn blinker on the dash flash normally?

Registered
Thanks @thesoapster for this. Did you just run one pair of 15ohm resistors?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts