KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a service manual for the 2020 890 R? I see on KTM's site that I can download a digital version of my owner's manual, but that's not quite the same. I'm after something that includes instructions/diagrams for doing things like changing spark plugs, etc. - something that says what size socket/key is needed for X/Y/Z, too. On a semi-related note, where are the parts fiches for our bikes?! I only ask this because I had to use one to figure out how to re-assemble my wheels after I had my tires changed and the ding dongs pulled my ****ing spacers out. Staring at my phone, studying a 790's parts fiche is...not ideal.

·
Registered
790R, KLX350, Canyon Enduracer, Santa Cruz
11 Posts
Throw that phone in the trash. I would imagine that the 790 & 890 are almost identical, 99% parts & service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a service manual for the 2020 890 R? I see on KTM's site that I can download a digital version of my owner's manual, but that's not quite the same. I'm after something that includes instructions/diagrams for doing things like changing spark plugs, etc. - something that says what size socket/key is needed for X/Y/Z, too. On a semi-related note, where are the parts fiches for our bikes?! I only ask this because I had to use one to figure out how to re-assemble my wheels after I had my tires changed and the ding dongs pulled my ****ing spacers out. Staring at my phone, studying a 790's parts fiche is...not ideal.
I ordered an Owners Manual from my dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
By law the owners manual has to be provided to the consumer for free. It is available for download from KTM, which your dealer specifies.

As for a detailed service manual with torque specs for every nut and bolt, that would be something else altogether.

·
Registered
56 Posts
By law the owners manual has to be provided to the consumer for free. It is available for download from KTM, which your dealer specifies.

As for a detailed service manual with torque specs for every nut and bolt, that would be something else altogether.
Read the disclaimer at the beginning of the manualslib.com website. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts