KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just bought recently a secondhand 950 SM. It came with Bridgestone BT002 tyres, but I ain´t happy with there performance. Any suggestions on any other tyres that perform well on the KTM. Saludos from sunnt Mallorca, Alex.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been through three sets of the Scorpion Syncs on my 950SM and like them enough to stick with them. They work better than a street tire on dirt roads and stick well enough for whatever I throw at them on the street. I'm a retired expert level road racer, so while I don't ride that hard on the streets, I do have my moments. :D

I have heard tell that when they get real hot they get greasy, and they do let go if really pushed, but they do so in a very graceful, predictable manner.

I do a lot of dirt road exploring up here in the woods, and they work...well, better than a street tire I'd imagine, but they're no knobbie. As long as you remember what's under you and be cool, you can have fun off road. That kind of goes along with the whole bike, actually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best answer to what tires to get is what are you gonna use it for? I've got a 950SM too, but it will probably never see dirt. I've got the Pirelli Scopions on now as well, and they're okay. But then, I'm coming off a ZX-10R with race rubber. I finally ditched the pure street bikes. I'm not sure exactly what else to put on either. Though, I know I've seen M3s, Pilot Powers on these bikes. I'm gonna stick with the scorpions and see how they do. Will probably rip through them pretty quick.

Does anybody read these forums? Echo....echo....echo....:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pilot power 2CT, Road 2 on SM950

I changed the to the powers from the scorpions and noticed a significant improvement. CT's are pricey though. Regular powers perform mostly the same. I have also use a Road 2 rear with power front. That worked almost as well and lasted really long. Again, another pricey tire, that Road 2. Stevo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts