KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased a bike and figured I could use some help from folks with more knowledge, the bike is a 1996 KTM 620 with almost 10K, the bike looks in very good condition, i noticed it didn't have a choke lever so decided to take apart the covers and tank, carb was replaced with a Keihin FCR41, owner showed me how to start it, and i had it running a couple of times, but if it shuts off it gets flooded and cannot get it to run again until next day. any advice you guys can give me on this ? Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
354 Posts
:cool: You are able to get it running then keep it running till it gets warmed up then you can see what circut in the carb will need work, are you good with carbs? Is it a pumper carb? meaning do you have to work the throttle a time or 2 before you try to start it? when the engine is running , how does it sound? does it smoke?

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Hey guys, I just purchased a bike and figured I could use some help from folks with more knowledge, the bike is a 1996 KTM 620 with almost 10K, the bike looks in very good condition, i noticed it didn't have a choke lever so decided to take apart the covers and tank, carb was replaced with a Keihin FCR41, owner showed me how to start it, and i had it running a couple of times, but if it shuts off it gets flooded and cannot get it to run again until next day. any advice you guys can give me on this ? Thanks in advance !!
Hello and welcome. I'm trying to understand your complaint with limited information given. I suspect you are referring to a rich running as flooding? Or does the carburetor drip fuel from carburetor? If carburetor dribbles fuel it will certainly flood motor every time fuel is on. Sometimes starting motor and running engine out of fuel can dislodge debris in your inlet needle. I would advise checking carburetor inlet needle for debris or wear damage and clean carburetor and fuel and air passages and jets if needed. Your carburetor number can help identify it and possibly help with jetting/calibration if needed. Try simple stuff first. Try starting with fuel tap in off position and report back with your result. Perhaps we can determine your starting troubles remotely. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts