1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear admins

I received the following email today:

"Dear Yabanjin Racing,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:"

Please explain why this was done. News like this worries me, these days with lots of stolen passwords...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Same thing here guys. I thought it was very sketchy as it was unannounced that they would be doing any 'reworking' of the board's security features.

However all is well. I followed the given password and then re-set my own [new] password as well. That is when I realized that it appears they have ramped up their password security requirements a notch, as they now require a symbol to be included in the new passwords, along with the other things, like Captial Letter, Upper/Lower Case-Specific content, it being more than Ten digits, etc.

I added a "Symbol" to my password, and all is well.

Though I think they should have posted a warning in advance, so as to not freak everyone out. I fear some people won't return or 'jump through all the hoops' to remain active members, when faced with a decision to possibly hand over your password vs. continuing to log in here and enjoy what we have.

I hope this encourages others to follow through with it.

*And for the record, I have no vested interest in the board, nor am I an Administrator or Moderator of this particular forum.

Take that for what it's worth. But, I haven't seen any bad mojo from going through the 'reset' process. At least thus far.

I will post up Immediately, should that change at any point.

/ Brakelate / :wink2:

·
Administrator
14,818 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks BD for the clarification. I think the issue is, that the announcement was made in a posted Thread, as opposed to specific, individual member email notification.

I know that would have been a likely monumental task, but it leaves the 'infrequent' forum member out in the dark. By the time they get back around to logging in, or visiting, they are already blind sided.

Personally, due to my other hobbies, commitments and constant need to rotate through my various other obsessions, that I 'come and go' for weeks at a time. As was the case in this incident.

I hadn't been back in Five weeks or so. When I got back in the 'KTM' mood, I came back and was confronted with this.

So, I see both sides have valid points to be made.

Hopefully, we won't lose any of our good "Members" here over it. Sadly, the good ones, or those who are willing to step up and participate, as opposed to those just 'passing through' looking for a specific answer to a specific one off question, or just lurking, are too few and far between.

IMHO.

:)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got the same email this morning. An hour later I got one saying that someone had attempted to logon to my account more than five times with the wrong password, and from an IP I do not recognize.
Needless to say, I was freaked out.
This happen to anyone else?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,818 Posts
Admins dropped the ball.

No announcement or email sent BEFORE the fact. BTW this also happened on my Dodge Cummins forum.

·
Administrator
14,818 Posts

·
Administrator
617 Posts
The article fails to mention that the breach was for a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours. We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security.

This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.
We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal level.

An announcement was postedl here, along with a notice at the top of the page regarding the password changes. Also, you may not have received any emails due to not updating your email account on your profile.

http://www.ktmforums.com/forums/verticalscope-forum-support-help-ktmforums-com/85306-attention-upcoming-password-changes.html

Please direct your questions and feedback into that thread, so that we can reduce the amount of multiple threads on the topic.

Thanks,
- JB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts