KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM 890 Duke R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard you can just get the akro fuel map from KTM if you decat your exhaust. Obviously wont be perfect but it’d be a million times cheaper than getting a RapidBike or Coober.

thoughts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just installed a Power Commander V map from EDR performance. Obviously you have to have the PCV, and to really get the most, you have to unplug the O2 sensors and live the CEL. If those are tolerable, I can say the bike runs amazing. Much stronger mid range and it pulls better to the next gear. With the stock map it definitely felt flat after the mid range punch. The throttle is also now much more connected. From the lowest rpms, it responds instantly, and perfectly smoothly, to any throttle movement. It’s really very nice. I wish I had the ability to compare directly to the KTM Akro map. I can’t speak to how they compare.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in the same exact boat as you currently man. Every where I look I still get no definitive answer.. I am looking at getting a sc project S1 and a comp werkes decat, was probably going to get the coober because from what I see it says it supports a decat as well as produces more power mid range. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 KTM 890 Duke R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the same exact boat as you currently man. Every where I look I still get no definitive answer.. I am looking at getting a sc project S1 and a comp werkes decat, was probably going to get the coober because from what I see it says it supports a decat as well as produces more power mid range. What are your thoughts?
I was told RapidBike was better than Coober somewhere else in the forums. Apparently the best thing you can do is get a full ecu flash and tune at a shop but. Who the hell knows how to flash tune a 2021 890 Duke R? Figuring all that out then paying them who knows what sounds like a pain in the ***. I just want my bike to spit flames and be faster. I dont need to increase laptimes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told RapidBike was better than Coober somewhere else in the forums. Apparently the best thing you can do is get a full ecu flash and tune at a shop but. Who the hell knows how to flash tune a 2021 890 Duke R? Figuring all that out then paying them who knows what sounds like a pain in the ***. I just want my bike to spit flames and be faster. I dont need to increase laptimes.
Gotcha, I haven’t read too much. I just got my Duke R 3 weeks ago now. But at looking for go fast mods ASAP! Could you link the rapid bike? Also when you say full ecu flash do you mean getting it remapped by a shop with dyno?

·
Registered
2021 KTM 890 Duke R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha, I haven’t read too much. I just got my Duke R 3 weeks ago now. But at looking for go fast mods ASAP! Could you link the rapid bike? Also when you say full ecu flash do you mean getting it remapped my a show with dyno?

and yeaa remap with dyno

·
Registered
2021 KTM 890 Duke R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was thinking just the akro map with decat

·
Registered
2021 KTM 890 Duke R
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been getting mixed signals in the forums so just wanted to confirm.

Wouldmy bike be okay if i decatted then got the dealer to install the Akro map?

some say it works great others say itsbot enough.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am confused as to why the decat would cause a problem. As long as the O2 sensors are still connected it should be monitoring and adjust accordingly. I am making an assumption there. Is that correct? Does the decat lean it out beyond it’s ability to adjust?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am confused as to why the decat would cause a problem. As long as the O2 sensors are still connected it should be monitoring and adjust accordingly. I am making an assumption there. Is that correct? Does the decat lean it out beyond it’s ability to adjust?
I’m thinking that just might be the case. I have my decat pipe but am still awaiting delivery of sc project exhaust. I am curious as to what the Akra tune even does. Assuming it is just a tune for A/F mixture? I don’t believe there is an hp increase, though I am unsure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck on getting the akro map from the dealer. Even if I purchased the exhaust they refused to install the tune due to government regulations. I even lied and said it’s a track bike and they still wouldn’t. Ended up buying a coober LM , and that’s had some headaches. Do it once and do it right. Either openflash tune or power commander. Don’t waste your money on a piggyback module.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good luck on getting the akro map from the dealer. Even if I purchased the exhaust they refused to install the tune due to government regulations. I even lied and said it’s a track bike and they still wouldn’t. Ended up buying a coober LM , and that’s had some headaches. Do it once and do it right. Either openflash tune or power commander. Don’t waste your money on a piggyback module.
Darn must be your dealer, that’s rough. Glad you got it all worked out on your end. Both dealers here in my immediate area said they would do it. One said for $62.50 the other said for $70.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I’m in Washington state so that makes sense. Just please don’t waste your money on a piggyback. The coober has had intermittent CEL’s for signal loss and literally no change in power delivery that I can feel. Open flash seems to be the best way to keep your bike stock without wiring in a power commander and unplugging the o2 sensors. I’ve been wondering if it’s possible to have openflash disable the euro5 compliance so you can run custom maps on the power commander in open loop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 2021 890R and just added the Wings can and Arrow link pipe. Have tried to get dealer to install the Akrapovic map and was advised no go in CA. This is so despite the bike being dedicated track bike. No go !
I went to another dealer and was advised that they could download the Akra map, but that doing so would delete headlight/tail light, signals, etc.??? I decided against the download.
As a result of the above I rode the bike today and was astonished at how well it runs as configured. At first I got some popping on decel, but after a few miles the ECU apparently adjusted and the bike runs without any popping now. Confusing. It runs so well I am thinking I will not pursue the Akra map or Open flash .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 2021 890R and just added the Wings can and Arrow link pipe. Have tried to get dealer to install the Akrapovic map and was advised no go in CA. This is so despite the bike being dedicated track bike. No go !
I went to another dealer and was advised that they could download the Akra map, but that doing so would delete headlight/tail light, signals, etc.??? I decided against the download.
As a result of the above I rode the bike today and was astonished at how well it runs as configured. At first I got some popping on decel, but after a few miles the ECU apparently adjusted and the bike runs without any popping now. Confusing. It runs so well I am thinking I will not pursue the Akra map or Open flash .
Good stuff man, feel any loss of power? I have been waiting over a month for my SC slip on to arrive. Already have my competition werkes link pipe, power plate, and high flow air filter. Then off to dealer to get akra tune. Glad to hear yours is running good with out it though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts