KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
My first post here:)
I have a 2007 950 smr, with a factory installed alarm.To start the engine I need to press a button on a key-fob once. There's a beep, and a little red led flashes on the dash.
Now it won't respond. When I turn on the ignition, the headlights turn on, and I can hear a faint click from the alarm, which is positioned under the pillion seat, behind the battery. No light on the dash, and I cannot start the engine.
I have changed the battery in the key-fob, to no avail.
The alarm, I believe, is a Meta e587T, but is says KTM on it.
Anyone else experienced this issue?
Solutions?
I have been looking online for troubleshooting, wire diagrams, etc
I would like to fix the alarm, but I am also considering removing it altogether.
Has anyone successfully removed a factory installed alarm?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. I have just come across your forum post about the alarm problem. Guess what.. I have exactly the same problem. It's been iffy for a while and now finally it just won't disarm. It's the same model as the one you had trouble with I believe and I was just wondering how you managed to fix/work around it? Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED
To anyone else having this problem. These batteries have a non replaceable internal lithium battery with a life expectancy of 10-15 years. Options are a plug and play replacement alarm for 150 quid ish or a bypass plug for 30.
Friendly knowledgeable bloke at the place who makes them and told me all of the above.

Cheers all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts