KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go!
I began doing track-days this season, so I have got allot to learn and a long way to go.
I will be posting pictures and videos here for you guys to see, give me advice, sarcastic comments and criticism 馃檪.

Some videoedits might be ridiculous, but it will get better with time. If you guys want something specific, or you think I should alter my videos somehow please let me know. At this moment I do not have anyone to take pics of me on the track, so everything is coming from 1st-person perspective.

Here is the link to my YouTube channel from where you can see all of my vids so far, I will also include it in my signature:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpP1Jt-HNgKO-dgy3Cddf_A

I will begin to post pics and vid of my smcr 690 trackdays I had this year.
Cheers 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
So here are some pics and a quick video edit from Ktm smcr690 track day:
Rear tire was: Michelin pp 2ct, front: contiattack sm

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Here is ktm d790 (DR. O) first trackday in Alastaro for both bike & me:
The 3 first sessions where ridiculous, didnt know the track or the bike, so i was probably the slowest XD.

This is from session 4 after i learned the track and have gotten used to the bike a bit more. 17 sec better time then in the first session XD. More photos and a video edit will follow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Had a incredible track- day today at my home track! Will be posting pics and videos soon!
Meanwhile here are pics of the stock tires (which performed surprisingly well) from last weeks trackday and a video edit of the day, enjoy!
https://youtu.be/hNgLv2Ks0Bo

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Had a great track-day last Friday.
This was D790 (Dr. O) second trackday, this time on hometrack.
Was mostly working on lines, drive out of the corners and body positioning.
Had a great time training with couple of lads on (1000cc) superbikes.
Stock tires are holding up, but to be honest they don鈥檛 give me allot of confidence.
Body position will be better, once I get to adjust my ergonomics on the bike (rearsets, seat, handlebar). Otherwise the bike is way ahead of me in terms of my skills vs bikes full ability.
Here are my tires so far and a nice pic.
Took the pic of the tires the next day, because: rain.
Will be posting a video shortly, couple laps with the lads for you to see!
Cheers!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the video of 2 laps with the guys :smile2:
These videos take time and effort to make so don't forget to like and subscribe.
Also leave a comment about the track action or the video if you have any questions, ideas or advice, or just something random :wink2:
Cheers!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hi!
Had a fun trackday last Friday (24.8) on my hometrack. Unfortunately wasn鈥檛 able to get so many clean laps because we had allot of riders. But instead was able to train on minimizing the time without either brakes or throttle. It made a great difference and was able to record 4 second better lap time then my last session! Was also working on my body position which has been hindering my progress (wrote about it in a different thread). Stock tires still holding up (I鈥檓 amazed!).
Great day, great people!
Will be posting a video later of one or several battles.
Cheers!

Attachments

Registered
Great videos man. Tracks are really nice. Sort of picturesque and nearly sterile. Have you considered mixing it up with dirt also?

Registered
At this moment i only have the Duke. I did ride dirt with my supermoto with slicks /images/KTMforums_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
Right on. In that case... keep on keeping on.

Hopefully I'll be able to share some track vids myself, soon'ish. May try to get a weekend or two of asphalt only track time until the suspension is right for dirt.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Right on. In that case... keep on keeping on.

Hopefully I'll be able to share some track vids myself, soon'ish. May try to get a weekend or two of asphalt only track time until the suspension is right for dirt.
Great, cant wait to see! Have you chosen the tires yet?

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Had another great track day last Thursday. The weather was spot on(+16) got to try out the tires more this time, the grip was spot on! Unfortunately the track was quite dirty and I even managed to hit a ginormous rock with my knee (thankfully the slider part):eek:. Had a great time riding with another dude who had a Hayabusaaaaa. Will post a video later, need time to edit to make it more fun for you. Finally got some pics of my self.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Track-day 30.5.2019

Some great track-day action again-> 6 sessions done:sweatdrop:, tires held and gripped exeptionally well.
Abit of traffic. Weather just superb.
Vids coming later.:smile2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts