KTM Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hello guys!
Finally, here is a short vid from my second track day of the season. Had fun times with my pal who was riding the hayabusa. The vid from the third track day is in the works:smile2:
Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/D7_Cf-2f-gk
I'm a big fan AMatu, keep it up, were watching! The Busa could kill you with HP/brakes if only he knew it? Kinda like you've got the curves, he's got the straights ... nice work getting by him.
Looking forward to vid 3!

Does that track ever do endurance races -3 hr -6 hr -12 hr? This is what you want to sign up for Cors, you get your moneys' worth AND lots of valuable track time/experience. I always liked this the most for these very reasons.
Summer is short.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm a big fan AMatu, keep it up, were watching! The Busa could kill you with HP/brakes if only he knew it? Kinda like you've got the curves, he's got the straights ... nice work getting by him.
Looking forward to vid 3!

Does that track ever do endurance races -3 hr -6 hr -12 hr? This is what you want to sign up for Cors, you get your moneys' worth AND lots of valuable track time/experience. I always liked this the most for these very reasons.
Summer is short.
Thx<3.
Unfortunately this track does not have endurance races or so much moto-races at all, because of safety. The plan is to visit more tracks during the riding seasons once I get enough money saved up to buy ourselves a proper van:). When that happens I will be bringing even more awesome content for everyone to "hopefully" enjoy from different destinations:smile2:. We are planning on getting my wife back in the saddle in the near future again, so she will be joining me for track-days aswell:clap:.
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
Bring on the videos mate, the more the merrier :) Enjoyed it.

I've just bought my son a GoPro for his birthday in a few weeks so may stick a few up next month. Likely to be mounted on the wifes ZX6R rather than my 790, but i may get out for a session or two with it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bring on the videos mate, the more the merrier /images/smilies/smile.gif Enjoyed it.

I've just bought my son a GoPro for his birthday in a few weeks so may stick a few up next month. Likely to be mounted on the wifes ZX6R rather than my 790, but i may get out for a session or two with it.
Thank you kind sir!:), you should definitely do it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Had a great 4th trackday couple of days ago with a larger organization 🙂. Upgraded to the faster group (nice without all the traffic) and also managed a new personal best time. The tires where doing very well even though I had to adjust the pressure continuously (changing weather conditions). It is amazing how good the stock suspension Is, even though I’m definitely starting to hit its limitations. It is also great to see how well d790 proves itself with the likes of penigale 959/ Kawasaki Zx10r/ Yamaha r1 ect.. in their track setup, especially in the tighter circuits. Very proud of our Duke! Unfortunately I had technical difficulties with the filming equipment ( forgot main camera homeXD), I’ll post a short clip from the day later, from my other camera. The video from the 3rd day is in the works!
Here are some photos of the tire (new rear).
Btw—> was talking about getting a van in the future. Volaa!
This means soon I’ll start circulating more tracks!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
"Traffic jam" 30.5.2019

Finally, here is the video from the 3rd track-day of the season! The track was crowded and the groups where divided poorly, so it created a bit of a mess. It was almost impossible to get a fully traffic free lap, but it didn't make it less fun.:smile2:
PS. Don't mind the RaceChrono app, it had a day of its own, made me realise how terrible the phones internal gps is. Will purchase a external gps unit in the near future.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Finally, here is the video from the 3rd track-day of the season! The track was crowded and the groups where divided poorly, so it created a bit of a mess. It was almost impossible to get a fully traffic free lap, but it didn't make it less fun.:smile2:
PS. Don't mind the RaceChrono app, it had a day of its own, made me realise how terrible the phones internal gps is. Will purchase a external gps unit in the near future.
Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/D82KtAj-0PM
DUDE! Love it love love it!
You have improved immensely since first video. Loved the braking in particular ... nobody outbrakes you!

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Particularly liked the line you took around the long right hander with the inner wall .. maybe the last corner before the pits? You made great time on the guy riding the BM HP2 who was always very tight on entry there. As Sparty has mentioned you are a braking demon. Light weight, big brakes .. big b*lls.

Great to see riders of all types of bikes out having a blast. Surprising how many were taking poor lines, and being super conservative on the brakes. You were throttle to brake .. they were throttle to coasting to gentle brakes. They looked like I probably would.

Keep up the good work, and practice the elbow slide a bit more before the next edition ok! :grin2:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Particularly liked the line you took around the long right hander with the inner wall .. maybe the last corner before the pits? You made great time on the guy riding the BM HP2 who was always very tight on entry there. As Sparty has mentioned you are a braking demon. Light weight, big brakes .. big b*lls.

Great to see riders of all types of bikes out having a blast. Surprising how many were taking poor lines, and being super conservative on the brakes. You were throttle to brake .. they were throttle to coasting to gentle brakes. They looked like I probably would.

Keep up the good work, and practice the elbow slide a bit more before the next edition ok! :grin2:

Good observation Pete. Most brake at 50% or even weaker cuz they just don't know. Takes a pile of HP to out-gun someone in a drag race exiting a corner and zero HP to out-brake them entering. This is where I did most of my passing. AMatu is comfortable all over the track, he watches and then if the guy takes a tight line ... no problem he drives around them on the outside. Other guy takes outside line? ... again no trouble he takes the inside with ease.

I'd like to take a spirited ride one of those 690/790's some time ... got me intrigued? Handles like a two wheeled scalpel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thx guys!
Its very true, most riders, especially in the fast groups have HP advantage, so with D790 its all about braking and corner speed. This is why I am currently updating the suspension and getting different brake pads to further more take advantage of D790 strengths (more about this later). Thx again guys, I appreciate you take your time to give me feedback and "braking demon" has an awesome tone to it>:)!
Cheers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So finally after a whole month waiting for my first major upgrades, I was able to take Dr.O 2.0 to the track, the breaking in/feeling in the upgrades was going great until I was met with technical difficulties and almost a very disappointing ending to the day.
The rear break locked up on me and caused a ginormous slide, thankfully I was able to maneuver it without a major accident.
Upgrades so far:
- wp-apex pro front and and shock
- upgraded front brake pads
- different front sprocket

Attachments

21 - 40 of 59 Posts