KTM Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
Great Vid @AMatu Nice steady progression each lap. What was the best lap time before the suspension and brake pad changes? The real question is have the changes made a real world difference or just a better seat of the pants feeling?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Another great video! New suspension works well - no noticeable head shake or chatter.
The new G-force, lap time and track map on screen was pretty cool! Camera location on front is better IMHO, especially when there are others on track to play with.
Gonna say this just once ... think of trying a rear slick, it could be the most potent performance modification you'll do and you are ready for it. You will not believe how much of a difference in grip there is! Going to take a leap here and guess you would easily drop 2 seconds, even on a track as short as that (maybe better), the defensive lean angles you have to use now will be gone. Be warned tho, a slick will spoil you rotten, you will never go back. Keep up the videos, good work!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Another great video! New suspension works well - no noticeable head shake or chatter.
The new G-force, lap time and track map on screen was pretty cool! Camera location on front is better IMHO, especially when there are others on track to play with.
Gonna say this just once ... think of trying a rear slick, it could be the most potent performance modification you'll do and you are ready for it. You will not believe how much of a difference in grip there is! Going to take a leap here and guess you would easily drop 2 seconds, even on a track as short as that (maybe better), the defensive lean angles you have to use now will be gone. Be warned tho, a slick will spoil you rotten, you will never go back. Keep up the videos, good work!
Thank you very much!:)
I absolutely agree with you on the camera angle, I’m planning on getting more GoPros so I can have multiple angles in good quality. I was trying out a new camera angle and I was all by myself on the track -> The goal of the day was trying out different settings on new suspension.
I hear you about the slicks. I feel like I'm constantly in a battle with my rear, even with good suspension setting. I will definitely take your advice! Me and my friend are planning on purchasing a tire change/balance machine for next season, so hopefully I will be able to change to slicks for trackdays, would probably need tire warmers as-well ( eating noodles for a year:D).
Thank you for you feedback!
Cheers!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just a thot Amatu .. check out the cam this guy put on his R. That's my next cam.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just a thot Amatu .. check out the cam this guy put on his R. That's my next cam.
Thx, I’ll check it out!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
After a slight delay, here is the last little bonus video from last season.
Here I'm having a little fun with bigger bikes.
This video also acts as a farewell to "Dr.O". After 2 seasons, 20000 km and a bunch of track-days, we finally parted ways. If you guys wanna continue watching my vids make sure to subscribe to the channel, I do not have a ktm so I will not be posting vids here on the forum. Thank you all for our time together, take care and enjoy the video!
https://youtu.be/CaJdh02HTX0

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
It is a pity to see you go @AMatu I have certainly enjoyed your adventures and I wish you well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It is a pity to see you go @AMatu I have certainly enjoyed your adventures and I wish you well.
Yeah that in spades... shame mate.. Enjoyed seeing your posts.
Thank you guys. Was great getting to know you. Thx for the comments, ideas and the kind words. Hopefully sometime in the future ill be fortunate enough to able to have a Superduke as a track only bike. Not the "best" for that purpose but would definitely be fun as hell and would make for some great video content! I'll still continue making vids (winter camp vids coming soon), you can see them on the channel if you guys are interested. Cheers<3

·
Registered
840 Posts
Aw dammit, was hoping for a bigger and better season coming up where you continuously embarrass far more powerful bikes! So no more track days or did you switch brands?
Thanks for a great bunch of videos AMatu, wish you the best.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Aw dammit, was hoping for a bigger and better season coming up where you continuously embarrass far more powerful bikes! So no more track days or did you switch brands?
Thanks for a great bunch of videos AMatu, wish you the best.
Thank you so much!
I have gotten myself a "boat"Harley :) for the streets, for more relaxed riding(before the modifications begin :D). Can have it for a long time and ride around with my daughter behind, later on. For the track I went for the cheaper option with a good old Honda CBR600F sport, making it into full on track bike. Reliable and less expansive and painful on the heart incase of a crash:). Hopefully I can afford something more advanced for track in the future.
Cheers<3

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well more like a UPS delivery truck ... but you'll get used to it. Guess we'll have to sign up to your channel to see how that rice burner makes it's way around the track? Going to have to talk @cors187 into picking up the KTM torch for us over there? Cors I worry about you ... are you getting enuf to eat?

·
Full Throttle
5,883 Posts
It will be good race track practice on Amatus smaller bike, he will get back on a bigger bike im sure. But theresa a few good ones to choose from apart from ktm
Im planning to chase around his harley on the summer twisties rides..........
sparty oww my i need the gym..........

great vids
I love the challenge stage setup in the vids(y)

·
Registered
840 Posts
We need someone to assume the mantle, you've already got yerself a thoroughbred there with the RC! We'll get you beat into shape by spring ! Come on over to FL and I'll get you started doing 5 mile beach runs every day with me and Spartacus workouts every other day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well more like a UPS delivery truck ... but you'll get used to it. Guess we'll have to sign up to your channel to see how that rice burner makes it's way around the track? Going to have to talk @cors187 into picking up the KTM torch for us over there? Cors I worry about you ... are you getting enuf to eat?
I went for the newer delivery truck, with updated frame and suspension, makes it extra fun going past sport bikes in the twisties while carrying all kinds of deliveries:D. On the track side, whenever it will be possible, ill definitely get back in the orange saddle. Cheers!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I would assume that over there you could buy two 1290's for the price of one Harley? Course over here they are 10 to 1 in numbers ... everyone I ride with has a Harley and (they are joking) refer to my GT as a "Jap bike" or Jap Scrap.
What model do you have?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I would assume that over there you could buy two 1290's for the price of one Harley? Course over here they are 10 to 1 in numbers ... everyone I ride with has a Harley and (they are joking) refer to my GT as a "Jap bike" or Jap Scrap.
What model do you have?
The cheapest 1290 (gen1) here would go around 13000-14000€ , still to expensive for a trackbike, at least for my economical situation XD. Harleys here are much more rare to come by. I got the FXBB street bob as a long term family transporter :D. Will soon start to modify it to my needs and liking (will be a more twisty machine after I am done).

41 - 59 of 59 Posts