KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if anyone has experience with the middleweight KTM Adventure bikes compared to the 790/890 Duke platform. Of course the adventure bikes are heavier and bigger, but how's the road feel? The bigger front wheel means you can't run a lot of sport rubber. How's the overall handling by comparison?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 2020 790 adv and am very impressed with the handling. The low fuel tank makes it very flickable even full. The light weight is a huge plus. Front fork long travel has limits. I have a 500 exe and 1190 adv and this does most what they do. Great commuter but the seat might need work for a 1000 mile day

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had a 690ER since 2013. I also have a 350 EXCF and a 890AR. I've ridden the 690 on long back to back highway days once. I don't want to do it again. On the off-road stuff loaded with a week's gear it does just fine. The 890AR does both on highway and off-road great. But I wouldn't recommend it for the stuff I ride the 350 on.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Grizz started a 790 Super Moto thread back in July 2019 that you may want to read. I think he put 19 front/17rear wheels and said it was awesome. I sat on a Duke, but haven’t ridden one; however, the 2018 video of the 790 Duke at Pike’s Peak made me want that engine on a hardcore dirt ADV bike. I bought my Dealer’s first 790R and have 20k miles on it. The bike loves twisty roads, and doesn’t care whether it is pavement, gravel, or mud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts