KTM Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand in 2017 KTM launches the 1290 SuperAdventure S and R models featuring a complete redesign of the headlight, a new dashboard with a 6" color TFT display, and a 6 US gal (23 L) fuel tank.

Where there any changes in 2018 - 2022 models?

I have seen several used bikes and was wondering if one year is better than another.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Basically the have same engine . My take is the following. 2022,s have the low slung tanks to lower the center of gravity and make the bike Handel better. There are slight changes in geometry but biggest changes is in the electronic suites display, adaptive cruise control and tweaks to the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19' 1290 SAS
98 Posts
I saw a few YouTube that indicate the emissions work-arounds for 2022 changed some of the throttle feel. Dunno. I really need to start riding my 19' again. I've been lazy in the new truck.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The biggest difference for me is the adjustable rear preload that lowers the adv enough for me to put a foot down at stop. The tech pack gives a silly amount of options and for highway mile munching the radar cruise control is nice. Don't underestimate the saddle gas tank and there's linked braking and some front suspension tech that prevents front end dive under hard braking, it works. There's additional turn lights that only come on at angle/night. I love the new seat and my kid me did over 3000 miles in 5 days. IDK if the previous models had adjustable spin? this one does and it's great on gravel when you're alone or dial it down when riders are behind.

I was going to trade my sdr in for an evo but after checking out the sas I had to have it.

Reactions: 2cati

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,206 Posts
The biggest difference for me is the adjustable rear preload that lowers the adv enough for me to put a foot down at stop. The tech pack gives a silly amount of options and for highway mile munching the radar cruise control is nice. Don't underestimate the saddle gas tank and there's linked braking and some front suspension tech that prevents front end dive under hard braking, it works. There's additional turn lights that only come on at angle/night. I love the new seat and my kid me did over 3000 miles in 5 days. IDK if the previous models had adjustable spin? this one does and it's great on gravel when you're alone or dial it down when riders are behind.

I was going to trade my sdr in for an evo but after checking out the sas I had to have it.
“. I love the new seat…” are you referring to the stock or which powerparts seat?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The stock seat. I don't doubt there are better but for now i'm comfortable with 650-700 mile days.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I had the powerparts seat for my sdr and the difference was considerable so if the one for the sas is as good it's worth the money. I'm lucky the stock seat fits.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,206 Posts
I had the powerparts seat for my sdr and the difference was considerable so if the one for the sas is as good it's worth the money. I'm lucky the stock seat fits.
Well Steve that has not been my experience on the SDR - sure you gain some height for leg room but in no way was it more comfortable than the original seat on my GEN2 SDR. I use the oem seat - much more comfortable.

Now for the SAS, I have it on very good authority the one piece powerparts seat definitely more comfortable…that’s the way I’d go when I get mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts