KTM Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this forum could use some new posts,,, so here goes..

I rode my duke today [along with a few others]... 180 miles round trip
70 degrees,, perfect weather and clean dry roads..

Highest point in Georgia [any idea?] ,, I been there dozens of times before, but others in the group had never..

10 months and 4600 miles,,, zero issues:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
is yours a 690 or 990?

Trying to decide between the two, everyone says that the 690 is only for twisties and sucks on highway.

I'm in Houston so getting to the twisties means riding on the highway for an hour or so before I even get there, :(.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can,t have everything,, take your pick

on a super tight twisty road , NOTHING is quicker than the 690's
straight line highways SUCK, though

[so yeah, the 990 is most likely better for you and North Texas roads,,,]:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
better test ride them both, or you might be sorry !

in today's economic crisis ,, KTM motorcycles are hard to sell,, [all bikes for that matter].. serious buyers [those with cash in hand] should be able to get a short test ride with no problem.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I Ride mine regularly, just dont post about it. (too busy riding) ;) As far as the Highway thing, silly notion, you can ride any motorcycle in any condition. Personally, I would hate to give up twisty agility for straight line stability so you have to choose your range I guess. For Texas, I would imagine a Hyabusa would be best suited. Are there any twisty roads there at all? (kind of like Florida I would imagine) flat and straight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Touring screen

I see you have the touring screen. I just put one on for my first ride of the season and was pleased with the results. It takes just enough wind blast off the torso so that you don't feel like you're hanging on for dear life at speed. It's a must for highway use. It doesn't mess up the looks either, I think it looks great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Ride mine regularly, just dont post about it. (too busy riding) ;) As far as the Highway thing, silly notion, you can ride any motorcycle in any condition. Personally, I would hate to give up twisty agility for straight line stability so you have to choose your range I guess. For Texas, I would imagine a Hyabusa would be best suited. Are there any twisty roads there at all? (kind of like Florida I would imagine) flat and straight.

Yeah, there's quite a few twisty roads in Tx, most of them are in the west/central area of texas though. And yeah I like having agility on the twisty roads :).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...0.042944,-99.093933&spn=0.69068,0.953064&z=10

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, there's quite a few twisty roads in Tx, most of them are in the west/central area of texas though. And yeah I like having agility on the twisty roads :).

Glad to hear it, and I must re-cant my remarks about Hyabusa's because I have witnessed them tearing up the twisties as well (from behind) -Doh!:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
yea right,, not in the winter in OHIO !...only riding your doing is in your head
That would be inaccurate sir! I have commuted on and off (ice/salt related) all winter (Dec-Feb) on the Duke. Not twisty riding mind you , but there are still dedicated riders out here......Im trying to get plans to come down your way in May, perhaps we can get the Dukes together and run up Blood Mtn? or hit Warwoman Rd? or 180? Damn I look forward to my Week down there every spring!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts