KTM Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought they would have one out for the Duke by now, but even the one that was on their website for the SM isnt on there anymore. Did they give up?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i meant the 690. why do you feel that it doesnt need one?

i got this email from Dynojet in response to developing a PC for the 690:

"We are looking at making a power commander for that bike. We do not have a unit available at this time. Currently there is no way around the O2 sensors on that bike."

·
Registered
48 Posts
yea i meant the 690. why do you feel that it doesnt need one?

because i ride mine alot, and it "carberates " perfectly......

the FI is spot on, starts instantly, idles forever without touching the throttle...

no problems due to the FI..

which doesn't mean the motor has never stalled, but that was due to rider error [me] and /or poor fuel quality ...... never stalls if I use Premium fuel from a large name brand Company [ BP , Shell , Texaco ] ...... any of the "cheap Brands" will induce stalls at take off..

also, the motor needs to warm up to at least 4-5 bars before leaving...or it is likely to stall

I haven,t had any issues since following these simple "rules" [ the last 2500 miles]

rode today {xmas} 68 degrees

hwy 129 ,near blood mountain
:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, try installing the FMF exhaust and see how it runs....

and i have 5600+ miles on mine :)

No thanks you. I think I will stick with my "stock" exhasut [ minus the cat ]

quality over quantity ,,,,
all my miles are done in the North Georgia Mountains [ hwy 129 , hwy 180 , hwy 348 , hwy 60]
try google mapping those roads, ,,, then tell me who is smiling more !
:)

12-25-08

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those are some nice roads, but look at WV routes as well...as far as quality goes i'd say we are about equal. did you notice a significant gain without the cat?

·
Registered
48 Posts
you are right, roads are just as good , just different....

yea, a little more umph....... nothing earth shattering,,,, sounds better ..

still enough back pressure that it does not stall......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wasnt having any problems with it cutting out or idling until the exhaust, she def. needs a new map. Tuneboy has a system for it, i will prob go with that and try to find a good dyno tuner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The ktm twins site has the Power Commander listed in $'s, but the US dynojet site doesn't list the Duke or any 690, the UK Dynojet site lists the 690 SM, but no Duke. So no idea as to if or when it will come out.
I havn't heard a lot of good feedback about the Tuneboy, seems they arn't to hot on customer support.

but I think the original poster was talking about the 690 duke,,,, which has no PC
nor does it need one...
It does if you intend to run any exhaust other than the stock pipe.

Edit: Now seems that the web site has been updated, PC now available in May.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts