KTM Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up to take a spin on the new RSV4 1100 and the Tuono V4 1100 at The Ridge in Shelton, Wa. tomorrow.

This is a cheap track day considering they are suppling lunch, free photographer and riding the 2019 Aprilia's
Check it out.

https://aprilia.ticketspice.com/aprilia-racers-days-2019

Full report to follow.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Holy man!!!! That RSV 4 1100 Factory has some power, 217hp to be exact. After riding my SDR for the last two years it took me a few laps to get the feel of a bike with clip-ons and leaning way too far forward. The rear sets were to high for me too but I made it work. Smooth shifting up and down with their quick shift. Electronic adjustable suspension. Sweet bike but a bit spendy for me.

The Tuono 1100 was much more comfortable to ride (I like me some handle bars) but lacked the RSV 4's power and rev. Both bikes a blast to ride.

Met Rennie Scaysbrook up there. He is the Former KTM rider that set the world record at Pikes Peak on a Superduke 1290R

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rennie+scaysbrook&&view=detail&mid=1F35C0670CFEE451456E1F35C0670CFEE451456E&&FORM=VDRVRV

He is with Aprilia now and had them take a RSV 4 1100 Factory, put the Tuono handlebars on it with a 1" riser and upgraded to Olins suspension with stiffer spring set up. That bike was super nice. He was cool to show us all the stuff he's doing to the bike, talking to us like a couple of the guys in our own shop swapping stories.

Great day on the track, should have a some more picture in the next few days.

20190506_070220_resized.jpg 20190506_110805_resized.jpg 20190506_070204_resized.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple shots before the track went hot.

20190506_072700_resized.jpg 20190506_072805_resized.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some shots from the free photographer.

Aprilia_Racer_Days_May_6_2019_RMSP-2761.jpg Aprilia_Racer_Days_May_6_2019_RMSP-1236.jpg

Aprilia_Racer_Days_May_6_2019_RMSP-1966.jpg Aprilia_Racer_Days_May_6_2019_RMSP-3346.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how did you like the atv4 handling?
The RSV 4 1100 Factory was smooth with tons of power. Seamless quick shift up and down. Rear sets a little high for me and clips-ons suck *** after riding with handle bars. Awesome two tone sounding powerband.

The Tuono on the other hand was a much more comfortable riding position with all the awesome state of the art goodies but lacked the power and wow of the RSV 4.

Let's just say I won't be trading in my Superduke any time soon.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Appreciate review ... next time I'll send you my helmet cam, just return same. Wish they had such events here in FL, for that price I'd like to throw a leg over something with way too much HP! Then go home on the GT.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Never really like Aprilia design, the bike looks so hideous.

What's the point of these 200+ bhp when it's so ugly.
Proves that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Plenty of others think the RSV4 is sex on wheels.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
RSV4 is okaish, wouldn't never call it sex.

Tuono is as ugly as hell.

Sex on the wheels is MV Agusta, has always been and will always be.

I agree with that statement 100%. I couldn't own one of these. I would have to have two. One to ride, and the other to polish every day and ..... well do rude things over. :surprise:

Even my old 1098RR Brutale was very gaze worthy and a pleasure to wash, polish and stroke, but it's not in the same league as the Dragster RR.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mv Agusta... If i'm ever single again I think the 3 cylinder brutale would be parked in my living room.never to be ridden, just looked at and caressed.

I appreciate the brief on the Aprilia's. A local dealer was blowing out leftovers a few years ago, but too many reports of engine problems and a really top heavy feel has kept me away.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Took some pics in Austin while at the race ... have a thing for Italian bikes. Couple years ago while in Key West a dude was sitting on a Brutale at a light ... looked like a moped with a Gorilla on it. They are diminutive to say the least ... maybe this is partially why they move.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Spartacus
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing